- Fiction Debut by Aussie Ex-Con
The editor discovered book and author, Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts, at a writers' conference in Sydney and signed it up with agent Joe Regal, representing the author's Australian agent Jenny Darling.
- HarperCollins Acquires New Amy Tan Novel
In the U.S. the deal was negotiated by Daniel Halpern, president and publisher of Ecco, and by Tan's agent, Sandra Dijkstra of the Sandra Dijkstra Literary Agency.
- Tom Paine Revisited
It was a six-figure deal signed with agent Stuart Krichevsky, with U.K. rights being handled by A.P.
- Hot New Writer Takes Less
Halpern, who found it encouraging that author and agent would take less for what they saw as the right imprint, hopes to publish in spring 2003—by which time there'll have been another fiction issue of the magazine, and probably more fireworks.
- PW Picks: Books of the Week, October 23, 2017
This week: Oliver Sacks's new book, plus a look inside the world of an undercover Muslim FBI agent.
- Job Moves: February 22, 2013
\tAmy Tannenbaum has joined the Jane Rotrosen Agency as a literary agent.
- For Major Pubs, Will Print No Longer Be the Norm?
\tMany of the agents PW spoke to are being cynical.
- Born of Friendship, the Book Group Is Making Its Mark as an Agency
The eight women who work at Book Group (four principals, one senior agent, one agent, and two assistants) seem different.
- Crossing Borders: PW Talks with Sebastian Rotella
How closely do Border Patrol agent Valentine Pescatore’s experiences resemble that of an actual border agent?
- 'New York Times' Issues Book Guidelines
One agent who asked not to be identified had stronger feelings about the guidelines.
- Publishing 101 Stresses Book Market Realities
When the story appeared, he soon found an agent.
- Exporting Scandinavian Storytelling
Before the wave of Scandinavian crime fiction broke, Läckberg’s agent struggled to find an English-language publisher.
- Obituary: Superagent Ed Victor Dies at 78
Ed Victor, a nonpareil among literary agents, has died.
- Short Takes
The buy was from Toronto agent Anne McDermid.
- Short Takes
Mark Resnick at SMP just bought a first novel called Smoked as part of a two-book deal with agent Noah Lukeman.