- PW: On the Trail of Tupac
Agent Alex Smithline sold the book to Doubleday editor Bruce Tracy for a reported low six figures.
- Mystery Notes
- Short Takes
., Canada, open market) with agent Nancy Yost at Barbara Lowenstein Associates for two more....
- Short Takes
A book maintaining that Chinese-Americans were once subject to the same kind of "ethnic cleansing" as Native Americans and Japanese-Americans was sold by Coast agent Sandy Dijkstra to Random's Scott Moyers, who pre-empted for North American rights, forestalling an auction.
- ECPA Conference Focuses on International Rights
Forty publishing houses from 17 states were represented, with 152 participants, including 25 foreign rights agents.
Morgan Chase, and came to the attention of agent DavidKuhn through a blog he wrote about his life there.
- PW: FTC Clears Bertelsmann Purchase of Random House
Bertelsmann spokesperson Stuart Applebaum said that with the acquisition approved, the company is looking forward to working with all authors and agents.
- American Christian Fiction Writers Meet Amid Strong Reader Interest
More writers are agented and are more knowledgeable about general market novelists, two indicators of increasing quality.
- AAR Calls Out Amazon in Hachette Dispute
Dear Amazon Team,I am writing as the President of the AAR, the Association of Authors Representatives, the largest organization of literary and dramatic agents in North America.
- New Agency Looks To Bring Chinese Authors West
Creative Work Ltd. began agenting last year and has since sold Chinese authors' works to Transworld UK and Atlas Books.
- Spotlight on YA
Agent Rosemary Stimola, who sold Karen M.
- Rosetta Gets Dozens of Random E-book Licenses
And 90% of the authors and agents approached approved the deals.
- Want to Succeed in Self-Publishing? Be Realistic: Tips from an Indie Author
He landed an agent, but when he lost his job at Bloomberg News, he started looking into self-publishing.
- Industry Veterans Form A New Christian Fiction Publishing House
Balow was head of marketing for the Left Behind series for Tyndale and, for the last three years, a literary agent with The Steve Laube Agency.
- The Long Way Back to Work
As agent Stuart Krichevsky put it, "We didn't even think of submitting things in the past week, and we haven't been following up, either, waiting for people to get their breath back.