The series features secret agent Jack Stalwart, a youngster who travels the globe battling evil to protect the world's most precious treasures.
- In Build-Up to Frankfurt, Handful of Titles Generate Buzz
For Girl, pages are again being parsed out in segments, and Sobel said the next 50 pages of the novel will be sent to co-agents and scouts late next week.
- First Agency Model Casualty: Amazon Not Selling New Penguin e-Books
In a letter to agents and authors, Penguin CEO David Shanks explained that Penguin has reached new terms of sale agreements with a number of e-booksellers, but not Amazon.
- Devastation and Rebirth: PW Talks with Gianrico Carofiglio
\tWhat have you learned from the undercover agents you’ve worked with about the pressures of their work?
- Pitch-Perfect High Fantasy
I had an awful time getting an agent.
- Apple Books Bestsellers: 'The Night Fire' Burns Its Way to the Top
Agent Running in the Field by John le Carré - 9781984878885 - (Penguin Publishing Group) 7.
- Authors Guild Unveils New Model Trade Book Contract
“While it’s unlikely you or your agent will be able to convince some publishers to remove such a clause from the contract completely, we suggest some language and provisions that would reduce the risk of a publisher exercising it without true cause.”In developing the new contract, the Guild receive
- McGuigan Files Suit Against Former Foundry Partner, Gendell
He said he filed the suit, "because I thought it was in the best interest of Foundry, it’s agents and our clients."
- Authors Demand Better Treatment from Albert Whitman & Co.
“We are told that some payments and statements are ultimately sent but only with persistent follow-up by the author’s agent; some agents are still waiting.
- Publishing’s ‘American Dirt’ Problem
There’s a need for multicultural agents, multicultural editors, and multicultural publishers.”
- Panel Mania: Elephant Men: Wounded Animals
In this preview, Miki the cab driver visits agents Hip Flask and Ebony Hide in the hospital.
- Rocking the Casbah at BookExpo 2019's Publishing Parties
It’s always wonderful to see the stars of publishing—writers, editors, booksellers, agents, publicists, reporters, and everyone else who makes this business work—getting together and getting down.
- Hungry Ocean Author Back
The agent for all this is Stuart Krichevsky, who sold Schwalbe North American rights in the pair.
- New Kids' Author: Chopra
The indefatigable Deepak Chopra has turned, like so many of his adult contemporaries, to writing for children, and agent Robert Gottleib made a two-book North American rights deal for him with David Gale at Simon & Schuster Children's
- Short Takes
World rights were bought from agent Lisa Swayne; Merloyd Lawrence will edit the book for her own imprint.