- Twitter Events Connect Agents and Writers
“I knew other agents in the same boat.
- Hachette Launches Author & Agent Portal
Hachette Book Group has launched an author and agent portal, a new channel within the company's business platform, hachettebookgroup.biz.The portal will provide self-service, updated information for agents and authors, including confidential sales data, for all titles published by HBG.
- Fear Agent: Whiskey & Space Cowboys
Although rumors of a Fear Agent movie abound, Remender said he can offer no further details "without being murdered by a dozen different people."
- Villard Editor Bites Apple's Agent
\t\t"Half of my list of projects I was pursuing didn't have agents attached," former Villard division v-p and executive editor Craig Nelson told PW.
- Editor Finds Agent, Buys Book
In an unusual twist, HarperCollins executive editor Dan Conaway found an agent for a Canadian author living in New York (whose book has just become a Canadian bestseller), then bought her book from the agent.
- #DVPit Connects Agents and Diverse Authors
WNDB has had, agents say, an extraordinary impact upon the steady growth in the number of diverse books being published.
- NO BACKUP: A Female Agent's Life in the FBI
Early in her career she was advised to avoid the company of other female agents and to work only with all-male squads.
- Xlibris Backtracks on Agent Referral Plan
The agents in turn would have received a percentage of the fee paid to Xlibris for its services.
- U.K. Agent Rosemary Canter Dies
Rosemary Canter, children’s book agent and co-founder of United Agents, died on March 11.
- Remembering Literary Agent Deborah Rogers
She was funny, clever and an inspirational agent and we will all miss her terribly."
- PW Select: Agenting Gets Untraditional
At a panel at Digital Book World in January called "New Models for Agents," Jim Levine of the Levine Greenberg Agency, said he and his colleagues now consider themselves "multimedia producers" more than agents.
- Touch of Steel: A Novel of the Clockwork Agents
Agent: Irene Goodman, Irene Goodman Agency.
- Online Agent Courts Authors, Editors
“The Authors Guild discourages authors from paying agents an upfront fee for representation, and we would certainly discourage writers from paying e-Literary Agent their upfront fee,” said Paul Aiken, executive director of the Authors Guild.
- Spy Guy: The Not-So-Secret Agent
Illustrator’s agent: Justin Rucker, Shannon Associates.
- The American Agent: A Maisie Dobbs Novel
Agent: Amy Rennert, Amy Rennert Agency.