- HC Inks Deal with MLK Jr. Archives
Judith Curr, president and publisher of HarperOne Group, negotiated the deal with Amy Berkower, president, Writers House and agent for the King estate; and Eric D.
- Rights Report: Week of June 21, 2021
Hannah Hill at Delacorte has acquired, in a preempt, Lancers, the debut YA trilogy by author Yoon Ha Lee (Dragon Pearl).
- Religion and Spirituality News Briefs: June 23, 2021
Laura Wheeler becomes acquisitions editor, responsible for acquiring and editing 12-15 novels per year as well as building and maintaining relationships with authors and agents.
- Bologna Children's Book Fair: 'From Page to Screen'
The U.S. market is more likely to have agents representing the publishers and authors, for example, and there are tax differences from region to region.
- Baker Launches Publishing Incubator
He said that after sending an email to “150 of my closest friends,” a number of agents and editors said they wanted to contribute.Now, with some slots still open, Baker said it’s best to nominate potential participants—who must sign a liability waiver and provide proof of vaccination in order
- Book Deals: Week of June 21, 2021
The author, who’s contributed to outlets including Guernica and McSweeney’s, was represented by Massie & McQuilkin agents Rob McQuilkin and Max Moorhead.
- Erik vs. Everything
Agent: Ammi-Joan Paquette, Erin Murphy Literary.
- Gone by Morning
Agent: Susan Ginsburg, Writers House.
- The Bloom Girls
Agent: Emily Kim, Prospect Agency.
- Role Model
Agent: Deidre Knight, the Knight Agency.
- 100 Proof Murder (Main)
Agent: Nicole Resciniti, Seymour Agency.
- Credible: Why We Doubt Accusers and Protect Abusers
Agent: Jennifer Gates, Aevitas Creative.
- The Family Firm: A Data-Driven Guide to Better Decision Making in the Early School Years
Agent: Suzanne Gluck, WME.
- My Sweet Girl
Agent: Melissa Danaczko, Stuart Krichevsky Literary.
- Bad Witch Burning
Agent: Holly Root, Root Literary.