- Four Questions for Sabina Khan
We worked together for about two months and then I participated in the #PitchWars agent showcase.
- Gendell Files Counterclaim Against McGuigan in Foundry Dispute
Gendell's suit states that in point of fact, "Foundry had more than enough funds to pay authors and agents."
- Honoring Anthony Veasna So—with His Own Work and a New Award
Both, So’s editor and agent said, have been supportive and actively involved in the lead-up to Afterparties’ publication—and attentive to the role this book will play in the preservation of So’s legacy.
- In 2020, Oregon Publishers Went Straight to the Source
“I was so inspired by the members of our community—booksellers, librarians, authors, agents, indie presses—who all came together and did an amazing job leaning on each other,” said Craig Popelars, publisher of Tin House.Popelars said that, though the year proved incredibly challenging, Tin Hous
- Book Deals: Week of April 5, 2021
Sharif, who did not use an agent in the deal, sold world rights.
- Brandon Taylor Is Ready to Show You His Stories
The result, which has been extensively rewritten (he significantly revised one story just a week before this conversation took place), pushes further on his interest in uncomfortable situations.Taylor’s agent, Meredith Kaffel Simonoff, calls him a “master of wrenching moments” that are often sparked by
- The Emotional Cost of the Book Deal
The second agent represented two of my friends.
- First Look: 'Dream Street' by Tricia Elam Walker and Ekua Holmes
In 2013, the duo began hunting for agents.
- Obituary: Norma Jean Sawicki
Brenda Bowen, a senior literary agent with The Book Group, shared recollections of the days in the early 1980s when she was Sawicki’s assistant editor at Four Winds.
- Cover Reveal: 'It Fell from the Sky' by the Fan Brothers
She’s been a champion for us, along with our agent .
- Calling 'Cancel Culture' What It Is
Capitol), wrote in the Wall Street Journal in January that he’d been in conversations with “publishers, editors, and agents who wondered when and how the mob would come for them.”I haven’t had these kinds of conversations with publishers, editors, and agents, but I have talked to
- Stacey Abrams Is a Power Player in Her First Legal Thriller
“Stacey is 100% who she seems to be,” says her agent Linda Loewenthal.
- Wise Wolf Books Paves an Adventurous New Path for Teen and Young Adult Titles
When any author or agent approaches the publisher, the first thing it assesses is how many titles the author is bringing to the table.
- Soapbox: Supporting Children's Editors and Agents in the Effort to Diversify
Suddenly agents were in demand.Since then, the number of children’s agents has seemed to increase every year.
- Apple Books Category Bestsellers, March 21, 2021
The Secret Agent by Elisabeth Hobbes - 9780008400125 - (One More Chapter) 17.