- Cover Reveal: Two New Stuart Gibbs Projects to Pub Back-to-Back
Featuring illustrations by Stacy Curtis, this paper-over-board series skews familiar tropes and stereotypes of fairy tales and other lore to comic effect.Spy School’s Genesis and GrowthThe nine-book Spy School series follows the misadventures of innately nerdy Ben Ripley, a CIA agent wannabe who is rec
- Brooks Sherman, Bent Agency Contract Dispute Lands in Court
A contract dispute between YA literary agent Brooks Sherman and his former employer, the Bent Agency, and its founder Jenny Bent, has landed in New York State court.In a complaint first filed in New York State Supreme Court in April, Sherman claims that the agency is withholding hundreds of
- A Mouthful of Air: PW Talks with Amy Koppelman
I couldn’t even find an agent.
- Lisa Harding's Sophomore Novel Comes Stateside
“I’m an editorial agent.
- Religion Book Deals: July 14, 2021
The book, agented by Rachelle Gardner of Gardner Literary, is scheduled to be published in fall 2022.Brazos also announced that Beaty has acquired world rights to Erin Jean Warde’s tentatively-titled Awakening to Sobriety, set to be released in spring 2023.
- Book Deals: Week of July 12, 2021
Sarah Scarlett at Penguin Random House UK handled the two-book, North American rights agreement on behalf of Ariella Feiner at United Agents.
- Rights Report: Week of July 5, 2021
It gets even better when he's partnered with Agent Cupcake, a skilled unicorn spy.
- Albert Whitman Repairs Relationships, Moves into Multimedia
We’re open to inquiries and suggestions from authors, illustrators, and agents.
- Writers to Watch Fall 2021
I have to take part in the struggle for visibility,” he adds.The draft Ahmed worked on with agent Anjali Singh sprawled to 800 pages, almost twice the length it’d ultimately publish as.
- London Book Fair Panel Examines Synergies Between Books, Products, Experiences
“Licensing is about extending the brand into the different categories, but it’s very much about telling a story and getting people to join in on that story,” said Rob Wijeratna, joint managing director of Rocket Licensing, the U.K. agent for The Very Hungry Caterpillar, in a q&a pan
- New Titles from Self-Publishers: June 2021
Booksellers, publishers, librarians, and agents are encouraged to look at the 112 self-published titles below.
- Spring 2021 Flying Starts: Faridah Àbíké-Íyímídé
I queried it until July when I got my first agent,” who then sold it to Usborne in the U.K.
- Spring 2021 Flying Starts: B.B. Alston
So I gave it a shot.”For the next few years, Alston pursued his career through traditional methods, submitting to agents with no measurable success.
- Spring 2021 Flying Starts: Michelle Sterling
I knew how hard it is to find an agent, and you’re never guaranteed publication.
- Matthew Pearl's Latest Explores the American Frontier
In early 2018, Matthew Pearl told his longtime agent, WME’s Suzanne Gluck, his idea for a nonfiction book.