- The Killing Business: PW Talks with Barry Eisler
The biggest change in my process is how I’ve come to collaborate with my wife, Laura Rennert, who’s also my literary agent.
- Spring 2019 Announcements: Mysteries & Thrillers
While driving on a mountain road in West Virginia, FBI agent Lacey Sherlock loses control of her car and hits a man, a CIA analyst, who survives the accident but later goes missing.
- FutureBook Wants to Make Books 'More Compelling than Netflix'
Meanwhile, Stevens-Hoare sees children’s audio as an underserved area.Moments later, Curtis Brown literary agent Cathryn Summerhayes blasted Hachette, HarperCollins, and Penguin Random House for “directly taking money from authors’ pockets” when it comes to audio—by sitting on audio rights, paying “pitiful” ro
- U.K. Book Trade Agrees to Code of Conduct
s Association of Authors’ Agents (AAA), the Booksellers Association, the Publishers Association, and the Society of Authors.
- PW Talks with Beowulf Sheehan
I also need to make sure that I make everyone involved happy, and everyone involved usually comes down to the writer, an agent who has a voice in the process, the editor, the publisher, the art director, and the creative director.
- Q & A with Gennifer Choldenko
My agent and I were adamant.
- The Week In Libraries: December 7, 2018
/Canadian border and has become a haven for families to meet without fear of being detained by ICE agents.
- Children's Job Moves: November 2018
Talia Levitt has joined Holiday House as editorial assistant; she was previously an agent at Studio Goodwin Sturges and an instructor at the Rhode Island School of Design.
- Christopher Castellani Discovers the Truth Through Fiction
Three years later, Paul Slovak, executive editor at Viking, bought Leading Men with a six-figure preempt from agent Janet Silver with Aevitas Creative Management; it has an announced first printing of 50,000 copies.This fall, Castellani, who is artistic director of creative writing center Grub
- Children's Starred Reviews 2018
Another push, this time from Jenny Han, led Cummins to show her dummy to Han’s agent, Emily van Beek at Folio Literary Management, who is now her agent, too.
- 'How I Landed in Children's Books'
I only had $150 in my bank account to last me until I found my career, so I called an employment agent.
- The Next Black Publishing Generation Speaks
Ingrum recommended a young literary agent, Regina Brooks, and soon I was interning at Serendipity, her agency.
- Ruta Sepetys’s 'Between Shades of Gray' Hits the Big Screen
Sepetys knew this was a forgotten page of history that needed to be told.Then an editor expressed interest in a humorous middle grade mystery she had written, and Sepetys scrambled to find an agent.
- Is Taking a Writing Sabbatical Worth the Time Away?
My agents have warned me to think hard before abandoning the day job; I’ll miss the paycheck, they say, and maybe the work, too.
- Parneros Will Seek Dismissal of Barnes & Noble Countersuit
The retailer is also seeking a judgment that would allow the company to potentially claw back more than $1 million paid to Parneros “during the period of his disloyal conduct.”But in a letter to the court last week, lawyers for Parneros contend that “as a matter of law” B&N lacks the foundat