- New Titles from Self-Publishers: August 2018
Booksellers, publishers, librarians, and agents are encouraged to look at the 81 self-published titles below.
- Book Deals: Week of August 27, 2018
Keller, who previously worked at the New York Times as a columnist and then executive editor, did not use an agent in the deal.For more children’s and YA book deals, see our latest Rights Report.Correction: An earlier version of this article misspelled the name of Andrea Tompa at Candle
- Culinary Pairings: Cookbooks Fall 2018
“I like working with people I would like to hang out with, cook with, and talk to,” she adds.Sussman was introduced to Teigen and her husband, singer John Legend, through literary agent Andy McNicol, who’d admired Sussman’s work on the proposal for Candace Nelson’s 2016 cookbook, The
- In Conversation: Jessie Sima and Christian Trimmer
My agent, Thao Le, had recently sent my first book, Not Quite Narwhal, out on submission.
- Literary Agent Joseph Vallely Dies at 74
As an agent, his clients included Peter Schweizer, Bill Gertz, Stanley Newman, Scott A.
- Book Deals: Week of August 20, 2018
The series, Merbeth’s agent, Emmanuelle Morgen at Stonesong, said, is about “following a family of interplanetary smugglers” in which “a young woman must assume leadership of the family’s black-market business dealings after her mother, the matriarch, steps down, only to find that she has inher
- Authors Crowdfund Online YA Anthology Project
“I know people who got their agents this way, and even had a couple agents reach out to me based on a short story they found,” she recalled.
- Turkish Agent Issues Warning, Requests Patience
“As sub agents, we represent your titles and do our best to sell your books' rights and protect you and your authors' benefits, but at the same time we have to stand with Turkish publishers.”
- 2018 PW Star Watch Top Honorees Announced
This year's PW Star Watch honorees are: \tPatrice Caldwell, Associate Editor, Disney-Hyperion \tMieke Chew, Publicity Director, New Directions Publishing \tPreeti Chhibber, Assistant Director, Scholastic \tRakia Clark, Senior Editor, Beacon
- Something Fresh and New: PW Talks with Shelley Shepard Gray
After I got maybe 100 pages in, I went ahead and wrote my agent, Nicole, and said, “I think I have something here.
- BenBella Partners with Bestselling Author on E-Series
Then her agent, Beth Davey at Davey Literary & Media, suggested Cooper talk to Glenn Yeffeth, publisher of BenBella Books.
- Reverberations Continue in Donadio Embezzlement Scandal
An agent’s first responsibility is a fiduciary one.
- Sensitivity Readers! What Are They Good For? (A Lot.)
It’s as if some authors care more about getting poisons right than representing black characters.As a straight white male who’s spent the past four years writing a queer love story, I’ve used nearly a dozen sensitivity readers so far, and I will no doubt use several more once my agent and
- Chigozie Obioma's Magical African Mystery Tour
“There is a system of corruption with agents, middlemen, known in Nigeria as ‘who you sabi .’
- PW Online and On-Air: Week of August 13, 2018
Joseph Warren, the American Revolution’s Lost HeroOne Thousand Books to Read Before You Die: A Life-Changing ListSuicidal: Why We Kill OurselvesFrom the NewslettersTip SheetLaura Griffin, author of Desperate Girls, picks 10 sexy thrillers.Children’s BookshelfFormer clients of Danielle Smith, an agent specializ