- Books for Emerging Readers
“We do get submissions from agents, but if you can develop a series in-house, with the right look and feel, you can really have a winner,” Anastas says.
- Fall 2018 Children's Announcements: Publishers F-L
Faber & FaberOnce upon a Snowstorm by Richard Johnson (Nov. 1, hardcover, $16.95, ISBN 978-0-571-33928-0).
- NYU’s Summer Publishing Institute Wraps its 40th Year
In addition, the program hosted a mock agent-publisher auction, visited major publishing companies as well as independent bookstores, and had a private session with two buyers at Barnes & Noble’s Union Square location.
- Fall 2018 Children's Announcements: Publishers R-Z
Random HouseI Am Cindy-Lou Who (Oct. 2, board book, $7.99, ISBN 978-1-5247-1803-9) and I Am Sam-I-Am (Jan. 8, board book, $7.99, ISBN 978-0-525-57958-8) by Tish Rabe; and I Am Max by Astrid Holm (Oct. 2, board book, $7.99,
- What Authors and Editors Wish They Could Say to One Another
.■ Use your agent.
- Book to Film Deals, Week of July 23, 2018
Breaking Cover by Michele Rigby Assad (Tyndale Momentum, February), about the author and her husband training to be CIA undercover agents, has been optioned by Middleton Media Group.
- International Hot Book Properties, Week of July 23, 2018
Agent Vicki Satlow controls all rights.
- Moving On Up: 'Be Prepared'
Literary agent Judy Hansen, who represented Flight, had agreed to represent Brosgol for her full-length graphic novel idea (Anya’s Ghost), and sold it to Mark Siegel, editorial director at First Second.
- What It's Like To Be an Indie Bookseller Who Just Published Her Debut Novel
Soon, not only could I not believe that people had taken an hour out of their lives to hear me read (even close friends; even my agent), but I also began to wonder why the bookstores where I was reading were giving me the time of day to begin with.After Literati, I r
- Little Simon Says 'All You Need Is Love'
The licensing agreement is with Sony/ATV Music Publishing via its global licensing agent, Epic Rights.
- Tor Scales Back Library E-Book Lending as Part of Test
But the statement goes on to say that the publisher's “current analysis on eLending indicates that it is having a direct and adverse impact on retail eBook sales," and that Tor will work with library vendors to “develop ongoing terms that will best support Tor’s authors, their agents, and
- Rights Report: Week of July 16, 2018
Martha Mihalick at Greenwillow has acquired, in an exclusive submission, Last Things, a YA thriller by Jacqueline West (The Books of Elsewhere).
- Obituary: Patricia Hermes
“Spending time at class, as well as meeting with publishers and agents, kept Pat’s love affair with the city strong—she never stopped identifying herself as a New Yorker,” Nastu said.
- Collateral Damage In Stephen Markley's Debut
I had already published a book and thought I was there to network and meet people and get a better agent.”Instead, Markley was “gobsmacked” by how smart and interesting his peers and the faculty were.
- Allied Forces: War & Military Books 2018
Craig, who previously worked as the editorial director of the history and reference division at Skyhorse, says the book program currently has a hand in about 10 titles per year.In addition to acting “like an agent or licenser,” Craig says, the book program also plays a role in the home