- An Ever-Growing Demand for Middle Grade Graphic Novels
“It’s hard to go the traditional publishing route—getting an agent, having them pitch major publishers—and webcomics and minicomics are a way to get your work in front of an audience,” says Andrea Colvin, v-p and editor-in-chief of Lion Forge Comics.
- Living in Bob’s World: PW Talks with Mike Lupica
I was talking to my agent, Esther Newberg, last summer.
- Canadian Publishing 2018: Canada Prepares for Frankfurt 2020
What’s more, it gives us a chance to highlight some of today’s luminaries and introduce them to the world.In the past two years, Canada FBM2020 has focused on identifying and delivering professional development and networking opportunities, as well as strengthening resources for building business opportunities for
- Canadian Publishing 2018: Annick Press Is Going Global
We’ve recently sold 10 licenses into that country with the assistance of our Turkish agent.
- Adaptive Books Acquires New Titles Plus the Zane Grey Estate
Adaptive, Barrack said, worked with the author, re-edited the book, and “found a wonderful debut voice the Big Five were scared to take a chance on.”Adaptive is also publishing The Toast by Matt Marinovich, described by the author’s former agent as “too dark.”
- Christian Writers Conferences Confront Sexual Harassment
These accusations follow the #MeToo movement that brought widespread sexual misconduct allegations to light over the past year, as well as the more recent #ChurchToo movement, in which several church leaders’ sexual indiscretions surfaced.The list of men in Christian publishing circles who have recently been ac
- Tauber to Lead Chronicle's New Imprint
"I can hardly wait to jump back in again working with all my agent and industry colleagues to discover, develop, and publish leading, authentic, and enduring authors and projects," said Tauber, previously senior v-p and publisher at HarperOne from 2005-2017, in a statement.Tauber
- Joseph-Beth Booksellers Recruits New CEO from Ricoh
Miller’s Linked In page describes him as a “retail visionary,” “cx strategist” (customer experience strategist), “loyalty expert,” “change agent,” and “omnichannelevangelist.”Miller told the ‘Lexington Herald-Tribune’ that he would like to expand the chain into further smaller locations similar to those in
- Rights Report: Week of September 10, 2018
Brian Geffen at Henry Holt has acquired The Middler, a debut middle-grade novel by Kirsty Applebaum, winner of the 2016 United Agents Prize for Most Promising Writing for Young People.
- Who Can You Trust in Annie Ward's New Novel?
She handed in the finished manuscript in 2009 to her agent at the time, Doug Stewart, who advised her to fictionalize it, which she did.
- International Hot Book Properties, Week of September 10, 2018
Spanish agent Salmaia Lit controls all rights.
- Folio Literary Management Acquires Harold Ober Associates
A spokesperson for Folio said that with the sale, Westberg will be retiring, along with Ober agent Craig Tenney.
- New Kids' and YA Books: Week of September 10, 2018
In Barnett’s (The Terrible Two) series debut, as an adult recalling a 1980s childhood caper—when he was called upon to be a secret agent—the narrator insists that the story is true.
- PW Star Watch 2018 Finalists
Part of that is because she has made her own luck by seeking out and building relationships with agents who represent the kinds of books, both fiction and nonfiction, whom she admires.Beyond her list, Wexler is committed to making S&S a better and more diverse place to work.
- PW Star Watch 2018 Honorees
Jeff DeutschDirectorSeminary Co-op Bookstores, ChicagoIn 2014, after two decades in academic bookselling, Deutsch took a job at the Seminary Co-op Bookstores in Chicago.