- Obituary: Patricia Hermes
“Spending time at class, as well as meeting with publishers and agents, kept Pat’s love affair with the city strong—she never stopped identifying herself as a New Yorker,” Nastu said.
- Collateral Damage In Stephen Markley's Debut
I had already published a book and thought I was there to network and meet people and get a better agent.”Instead, Markley was “gobsmacked” by how smart and interesting his peers and the faculty were.
- Allied Forces: War & Military Books 2018
Craig, who previously worked as the editorial director of the history and reference division at Skyhorse, says the book program currently has a hand in about 10 titles per year.In addition to acting “like an agent or licenser,” Craig says, the book program also plays a role in the home
- 'Stellaluna' Celebrates 25 Years of Flight
Since the prospect of working with an agent in person appealed to her, Cannon sent a query and then a mock-up to San Diego-area agent Sandra Dijkstra, who signed up Cannon and placed Stellaluna with Karen Weller Watson at HBJ, which at the time, said Cannon, “had not yet
- Book Deals: Week of July 9, 2018
Naggar Agency sold, is about, the agent said, “the risk of substance abuse and what it means to take control of your life and your future when it seems like the only path forward is the one that will take all of your courage.”
- Rights Report: Week of July 2, 2018
Publication is set for spring 2020; Emily Talbot at United Agents represented the author, and Claire Easton represented the illustrator.
- Spring 2018 Flying Starts: Elizabeth Lilly
Lilly says the agent told her it was the “best revision she’d ever seen.”Multiple publishers made offers.
- Writers to Watch Fall 2018: Anticipated Debuts
“One agent interested in the book wanted me to rewrite it to be about Dennis.
- Spring 2018 Flying Starts: Joy McCullough
She wrote five novels before landing her first agent, despite querying each one.
- Book Deals: Week of July 2, 2018
The authors did not use an agent in the deal.
- Spring 2018 Flying Starts: Tomi Adeyemi
When her submission was accepted, she quit teaching, moved in with her boyfriend, and started writing full-time.Through Pitch Wars, Adeyemi found agents Hillary Jacobson and Alexandra Machinist of ICM Partners.
- Spring 2018 Flying Starts: Jessica Love
Parker’s agent showed Love’s book to another agent, Meredith Kaffel Simonoff, and a match was made.
- Spring 2018 Flying Starts: Anat Deracine
She says that because “the book was in my head and wouldn’t let go,” she took time off from work and wrote the first draft in a month, initially writing in third person because she found writing in first person a stretch.Deracine attended a Writer’s Digest conference and pitched the story to
- Publishing Mentorship Program Focuses on Representation
“This was a lot like that.”Another alum, Wendolyne Sabrozo, who recently transitioned from a job at Atria Books to an assistantship to agent Johanna V.
- The Rise of Indie Audiobooks: An Interview with Scott Brick
He has a series about a guy of a suspect past who is also an agent for good—he tries to help people who can’t help themselves.