- Rights Report: Week of March 26, 2018
Jenny Bak at Little, Brown/Jimmy Patterson has acquired Derek Milman’s Night Flight, a comedic thriller about a gay teen who gets caught up in a case of mistaken identity and is forced to go on the run from murderous cyber-terrorists and government agents, not knowing who he can trust
- Bologna 2018: Middle Grade Fiction and Diverse Titles Remain Hot
The surge in content featuring Stranger Things-esque elements was something agent Fiona Kenshole at the Canada-based Transatlantic Literary Agency was also noticing.
- Bologna Welcomes Two New Fellows
This year’s fellows are Benas Berantas, a literary agent from Vilnius, Lithuania, and Crenguta Mihaila Podolan, an assistant rights manager with Editura Rao in Bucharest, Romania.As part of the program, the fellows visited the publishing houses Franco Cosimo Panini in Modena and Corraini Edizione i
- Postcards from Kid Lit Marches for Kids
In her estimation, roughly 75 people, consisting of authors, agents, editors, publicists, and librarians, marched with the group.
- Hillary Chute, Ed Park Named ‘NYT’ Graphic Novel Columnists
The NYT’s new comics and graphic novel column will begin in AprilThe appointment comes in the wake of the New York Times shutting down its graphic novel bestseller list more than a year ago, as well as a recent appeal by literary agent Charlie Olsen to the Times to restore the graphic novel
- Religion Book Deals: March 2018
No agent was involved.
- Cops and Writers: An Indie Success
Police work isn’t at all exciting most of the time.”Bradley initially looked into publishing her work traditionally and even acquired an agent.
- London Briefcase 2018: Keeping Calm And Carrying On
And, of course, agents and publishers will be on hand to buy and sell foreign rights in the bustling International Rights Center.What U.S.
- When Reality Overtakes Fiction: Brian Freeman
(Hint hint, film agents.)
- Publishing in the Baltic Region 2018: Giants of Lithuanian Publishing Weigh In
"It also means that we work with agents—and if there is one thing I wish they would understand about Lithuania it is that our market is really small.
- New Titles from Self-Publishers: March 2018
Booksellers, publishers, librarians, and agents are encouraged to look at the 72 self-published titles below.
- London Briefcase 2018: What U.S. Agencies Will Be Selling at the London Book Fair
This year American agents will be carrying bags filled with literary debuts as well as works by bestselling authors.
- Crime Fiction in Translation: Mysteries & Thrillers 2018
Penguin senior editor Lindsey Schwoeri says she was drawn to the novel in part because of its “unreliable male narrator,” in contrast with the unreliable female narrators of many thrillers, “and that it focused on a twisted relationship between a mother and son, a dynamic explored less often in the
- Ask the Editor: First Chapters
Even when they get a manuscript from a top literary agent, if the book doesn’t grab them, they’ll reject it.What’s the lesson here?
- A Left Turn for Religous Publishers
The era of Donald Trump has shaken the country and revived activism on the left on a scale not seen since the 1960s.