- Housecleaning and 'Lots of Champagne': Erin Entrada Kelly Toasts Her Newbery Win
I’m constantly sending my editor and agent ideas.”
- Sexual Harassment In Children's Publishing Comes to a Head
At conference after conference, agents and editors stress that they google querying writers and illustrators before they offer a contract....
- Writers to Watch Spring 2018: Anticipated Debuts
In fact, the book she and her U.K. agent, Emma Paterson, sent to Viking editor Laura Tisdel was a little more than a thousand.Tisdel was nervous about the novel’s length, but it was hard to put down.
- It’s All Greek to Madeline Miller
“Around year five, I actually had a finished draft and an agent and we started to submit to publishers,” Miller recalls.
- Is Regan Arts Pivoting or Sputtering?
Agents who spoke with PW all shared similar stories about the progression of events.
- Open Book: The Tao of Teo
When the longlist was announced, agents started contacting Teo.
- Book Deals: Week of February 12, 2018
Gay (Bad Feminist) is a writer and editor who teaches at Purdue University; she was represented by Maria Massie at Massie & McQuilkin Literary Agents.
- Flooding Brings Booktender's Secret Garden to the Brink
She salvaged inventory lists from her computer, cross-checked them with the boxes, and presented her insurance agent with a list of 400 books.
- Book to Film Deals, Week of February 12, 2018
(Kidscreen) Stephenie Meyer's The Chemist (Little Brown, 2016), about a government agent, has been optioned by Tomorrow Studios for a TV deal.
- It Takes a Village: NorthSouth Publishes WNDB Grant Recipient
Terrill was later informed by Alcántara’s agent, Adriana Dominguez, that WNDB had initiated an introduction between the agent and the illustrator.
- Taipei Book Fair 2018: Children's Books Continue to Grow
The lack of import restrictions for used books is music to some agents’ ears.
- Comics Industry Asks ‘NYT’ to Restore Graphic Bestseller Lists
A little more than a year since the New York Times eliminated a number of bestseller lists—including the graphic novel and manga lists—literary agent Charlie Olsen has collected more than 900 signatures on a letter appealing to the paper to restore the comics lists.In the letter, which was sent ear
- Taipei 2018: Publishers Explore a Unique Market
The popularity of Chef Andre Chiang’s Taipei restaurant RAW (voted the best in town and among the world’s Top 50), for instance, has driven up sales of his title Octaphilosophy.Over at World of Books, the largest seller of used English books in Europe, agent Sam Perry is thrilled to
- S&S Signs Jesmyn Ward to Two-Book Deal
Kathy Belden for Scribner and Caitlyn Dlouhy for Caitlyn Dlouhy Books acquired world English, serial, and audio rights for the adult novel and the middle-grade novel, respectively, from Rob McQuilkin of Massie & McQuilkin Literary Agents.
- Religion Book Deals Feb. 14
The agent was Erik S.