- Meet the Finalists for the 2017 BookLife Prize
And yet agents of SAVAK, the shah’s secret police, were everywhere.Sounds like you’re pretty familiar with the subject at hand.
- Obituary: Kathleen Karr
Tracey Adams, literary agent at Adams Literary, said, “I was lucky enough to represent Kathy for almost 20 years.
- Global Kids Connect 2017: Publishers Tackle Hot Topics
Grinberg, meanwhile, advocated for increased collaboration and more transparency between publishers and agents, since that relationship is so often seen as adversarial.
- 'People of Color in Publishing': Striving for More Industry Diversity
Saba Sulaiman, an associate agent at Talcott Notch Literary Services, serves as co-chair for the Mentorship and Retention Committee, alongside fellow literary agent Beth Phelan.
- Spring 2018 Announcements: Memoirs & Biographies
Riverhead, Feb. 6Cantú, who was an agent for the U.S.
- Spring 2018 Announcements: Literary Fiction
This spring’s fiction includes works by prize winners and debut novelists set in such locations as the Alaskan wilderness, a women’s correctional facility, and post-WWII London.
- Global Kids Connect 2017 Brings Data, Diversity to the Stage
\tGrinberg would like to see more transparency between agents and publishers; as an example, she noted, “I would like to know where any given book will sit on the list.
- Elaine Weise Scores One for Women
And I can’t say enough about my agent, Dorian Karchmar at William Morris Endeavor: smart, passionate, an excellent writer herself.
- A Self-Publishing Story
I learned that I must first find myself a literary agent.
- Spring 2018 Announcements: Mysteries & Thrillers
Flatiron, Feb. 6Australian author Harper follows her well-received debut, The Dry, with another powerful thriller featuring Melbourne federal agent Aaron Falk.Give Me Your HandMegan Abbott.
- Open Book: Another Great Novel of the Great War
When Julie Barer, literary agent and partner at the Book Group, sent me the bound manuscript of Nick Dybek’s second novel, The Verdun Affair, I immediately thought of how many powerful World War I novels I’d read: All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque, Johnny Got Hi
- Spring 2018 Announcements: Politics & Current Events
The first anniversary of Donald Trump’s inauguration is coming up, and this spring’s politics books focus on America’s destructive political climate, income inequality, systemic issues within our democracy, and Russia.Top 10The Death of TruthMichiko Kakutani.
- Want to Succeed at Self-Publishing? Join a Writers' Group: Tips from an Indie Author
These workshops bring in seasoned writers, book publishers, agents, radio show hosts, and more.”You Don’t Have to Be Rich“You can do this on a small budget.
- Spring 2018 Announcements: SF, Fantasy & Horror
Renowned authors are launching exciting ventures, including a near-future thriller from Richard K.
- Global Kids Connect 2017: Publishing Professionals Talk International Growth
It remains to be seen how agents will deal with foreign rights once Brexit negotiations have been completed.