- Children's Job Moves: November 2017
Linda Camacho has joined Gallt and Zacker Literary Agency as an agent.
- Knopf Bets on Another Scandanavian Author
But Swedish agent Niclas Salomonsson, founder of the Salomonsson Agency and a longtime Kepler fan, didn’t think the books were generating the sales in the U.S. they deserved.
- New Kids' and YA Books: Week of December 4, 2017
chirps one headset-wearing bird agent).
- Cassandra Clare to Pen New Adult Fantasy Series
Set up by Clare's agent Russell Galen at Scovil Galen Ghosh Literary Agency, the auction, sources told PW, required that bidders come in with an initial offer of $2 million per book.
- Q & A with Emma Mills
I was querying agents when I was in college and I didn’t get an agent until I’d started graduate school.
- African-American Interest Adult Titles, 2017-2018
An ex-FBI agent plunges into the darkest shadows of 1930s Europe, where everything he loves is on the line.If It Ain’t About The Money (Jan., paper $12.95) by Saundra.
- Catalonia’s Book Industry Is Small But Vibrant
And, since Catalans tend to print locally, bookstores can be resupplied quickly should a title become a bestseller.Literary agent Anna Soler-Pont also believes that independence would in no way be a death sentence for publishing in Catalonia.
- New Titles from Self-Publishers: November 2017
Booksellers, publishers, librarians, and agents are encouraged to look at the 94 self-published titles below.
- Boston Is a Literary City Too
In what other space can writers watch agents consider new work, as they do at the massively popular Writer Idol event held each year at the Festival?
- PW Online and On Air: Week of November 20, 2017
Last Week’s Top ReviewsThe most-read reviews on publishersweekly.com last week were...The Future Is History: How Totalitarianism Reclaimed RussiaThe Recovering: Intoxication and Its AftermathArtemisBefore We Were YoursMother to Mother CLFrom the NewslettersTip SheetCaroline Fraser, author of Prairie Fires: The American
- Mysteries Without Borders: Mysteries and Thrillers 2017–2018
., publisher Francois von Hurter oversees a team of three, who find new works by scouring French and German newspapers, reaching out to a network of translators, and working with agents in London.
- 10 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Laura Ingalls Wilder
In her later years, Rose Wilder Lane met a teenaged boy, Roger Lea MacBride, who would become her lawyer, literary agent, and “adopted grandson.”
- Robin Benway Wins 2017 NBA for Young People's Literature
First up: her agent, Lisa Grubka at Fletcher + Co.
- 2017 National Book Awards for Young People's Literature in Photos
In her acceptance speech, Benway thanked her agent, her editor, a number of staffers at her publishing house, and members of her family.
- Getting the Green Light: Notes from an SCBWI Agents Panel
He stated, “The goal isn’t to get an agent; it’s to get the right agent.