- Book Deals: Week of November 13, 2017
Taylor, who was represented by agent Laura Dail, is editor at large for the Daily Beast.
- In a New Crop of Religious Books, Belief is Unbound
In Trust Women: A Progressive Christian Argument for Reproductive Justice (Beacon, Apr. 2018), Peters mounts a defense of abortion that is based on respecting women as their own moral agents rather than shaming and punishing them.Transcending any one era is Mother of God: The Jewish Roots
- Licensing Hotline: November 2017
I look at it sort of like I’m your travel agent.
- Global Kids Connect 2017: Q & A with Ginger Clark
Ginger Clark has been a literary agent with Curtis Brown, Ltd.
- Children’s Job Moves: October 2017
Molly O’Neill has joined Root Literary; she was most recently an agent with Waxman Leavell Literary Agency.
- A Passion for Words at Vintage Español
“It was an incredible experience to be on the other side of the editorial world, to have an agent’s point of view, to be closer to authors and their needs.”
- Does Anybody Know What a Bestseller Is?
“Even when it comes to ‘national bestseller,’ it seems that we don’t have a consensus ,” said one agent, who asked to remain anonymous.
- Sharjah Draws More Rights Attention
The fair organizers flew in more than 200 rights directors, agents, editors, scouts, and others to the United Arab Emirates for matchmaking and networking sessions.As an incentive to strike deals, the fair offers grant support for translation projects spawned at the event.
- Book Deals: Week of November 6, 2017
The book will also, the agent added, feature new information that Shinkler uncovered, showing that “Cutler harbored a deep personal secret.”
- AlAmmar's 'Pact' to Borough Press Following Open Call for Muslim Authors
This month, a writer who secured an agent through that call has now signed a book deal.The U.K.'
- Religion Book Deals: Nov. 8, 2017
FaithWords’ Keren Baltzer bought world rights to the book from the author’s agent Mike Salisbury of Yates & Yates.Levi Lusko Re-ups with W PublishingThe W Publishing Group, an imprint of Thomas Nelson, acquired world rights to a third book with Levi Lusko (Swipe Right, Through the Eyes
- Obituary: Roslyn Targ, Longtime Agent, Dies at 92
Roslyn Targ, a longtime Manhattan literary agent who worked with some of the biggest writers of her day and brought translated American works to Europe, died in her Greenwich Village apartment on October 29.
- Book Deals: Week of October 30, 2017
Christie, an award-winning illustrator, did not use an agent.
- Australia: The Big Not-So-New Thing
“All editors and agents want is a damn good book.
- Behar Named Publisher, E-i-C of New Little, Brown Imprint
“It would be impossible to find an editor more highly regarded by her authors, their agents, and her colleagues than Tracy.”