- Lantana Publishing Breaks into U.S. Market
“We have an open call of submissions on our website, which encourages authors and illustrators to submit their work, whether or not they are represented by agents,” she said.
- Q & A with Kristin Cashore
But my agent, Faye Bender, told me she thought it was very much a book by me, and I agree with that.
- Dan Santat and Connie Hsu in Conversation
Hsu: Dan’s agent Jodi told me before we worked on The Adventures of Beekle, “Don’t be afraid to push him.”
- Open Book: Under the Sicilian Sun
All anyone wants—author, agent, editor, and rights seller—is to find the right publishing house to make your book crack through the noise and sell.
- Spotlight on Larry Correia
Jonathan Maberry wrote about Agent Franks fighting the Nazis in WWII, John C.
- Q & A with Tracey Baptiste
I got my first agent on a picture book, which we weren’t able to sell.
- Phil Bildner Launches the Author Village Booking Agency
Bildner said that he was prompted to launch the Author Village “the first Friday” of this past summer, after his longtime booking agent, Jean Dayton of Dayton Bookings, retired.
- Q & A with Daniel José Older
Shadowshaper was the first book I wrote, but it was before I had an agent.
- Comedy Writer Chris Harris Plays with Nonsense Verse
The dedication involves dialogue between the author and the illustrator, Smith, who was at lunch with his wife, book designer Molly Leach, and her mother, when his agent e-mailed him the manuscript for consideration.
- The Great Defender: 'PW' Talks with Krysten Ritter
My agents would want me to go to meetings and auditions, but I couldn’t shift out of that mode.
- Writers and Their Readers—And Their Feelings
Sure, a writer who chooses not to read reviews receives feedback from his or her agent and editor and perhaps a circle of trusted readers, but we choose our trusted readers.
- Book Deals: Week of September 11, 2017
Fong is behind the popular YouTube channel Kawaii Sweet World; her agent, Kate McKean at the Howard Morhaim Literary Agency, said the book will feature recipes for desserts and baked goods in Fong’s “signature kawaii style.”
- The BookLife Prize: Checking In with Jennifer Voigt Kaplan
A few agents have contacted me and I’ve been able to forge connections with new publishing professionals.
- PW Star Watch 2017
This year we received more than 200 nominees, from which a team of judges from PW, the American Booksellers Association, the Association of American Publishers, and the Frankfurt Book Fair selected 40 honorees and five finalists, who represent every aspect of publishing—from production to editorial, from
- The Upstart D.C. Agents Making Waves in New York
It was on something of a lark that Keith Urbahn and Matt Latimer found themselves working as literary agents.