- Spring 2021 Children's Announcements: Publishers R-Z
Random HouseMy Little Brave Girl by Hilary Duff, illus. by Kelsey Garrity-Riley (Mar. 23, $18.99, ISBN 978-0-593-30072-5), encourages girls to reach higher, dream bigger, and approach the world with their hearts wide open.
- An Art Historian Considers the Art of the Steal
But Saltzman says she had been thinking about writing it since the late 1990s—“thinking about how to write it, it’s such a big story”—and had discussed the project early on with Melanie Jackson at the Melanie Jackson Agency, her agent for over 25 years.
- Five Religion Publishers Make Promotions, Hires
“Respected and admired by authors and agents across the Christian and secular space, Derek is also a collaborative team player who is always ready to rise to the next challenge,” said Constable.Emily Tobin to Lead Marketing for Zondervan BiblesMelina Bouma, v-p and publisher of Zondervan Bibles has
- Seizing Inspiration: Indie Community
With all possibilities exhausted, my agent had been forced to concede that it just wasn’t going to happen.
- Registration Opens for PW’s U.S. Book Show
Booksellers, librarians, publishers, agents and others have inundated PW with requests for more information, wanting to exhibit and to attend.”Story has been updated with new dates.
- Organization Advocating Against Gun Violence Launches Book Club
The books will include both frontlist and backlist nonfiction recommended by Everytown’s Authors Council, its grassroots community, as well as publishing professionals, authors, and literary agents known to the organization’s cultural engagement team.The Moms Demand Action Book Club will host a virtual discussion
- Is Women's Empowerment Coming to Publishing?
Long before the #MeToo movement gave voice to women fed up with a culture of sexual predation and harassment, titles focused on the real issues facing women were finding publishers and readers.
- 20 Years of Hard Case Crime Books
It was King’s agent, who told Ardai that King didn’t want to write a blurb, because he wanted to write a book instead.
- The Unbearable Whiteness of Publishing Revisited
Norton, explained to Ledbetter that new hires “come from a network of agents, writers, and academics....
- In Brief: January 28, 2021
Award-winning author Cashore (l.) spoke about Winterkeep (Dial) with her agent, Faye Bender (c.), and her editor, Andrew Karre.
- Norton Young Readers, Accord Literary Bring African Voices to U.S.
Boughton likens Accord’s work to acting as both packager and agent.
- 10 Most Dynamic Detective Duos in Crime Fiction
Every Waking Hour is Joanna Schaffhausen’s excellent fourth novel featuring Ellery Hathaway, who as a teen was the sole survivor of a serial murderer/kidnapper, and Reed Markham, the FBI agent who rescued her.
- New Titles from Self-Publishers: January 2021
Booksellers, publishers, librarians, and agents are encouraged to look at the 66 self-published titles below.
- Clint Smith's Nonfiction Debut Reckons with History
she tells me.But then, in 2018, Smith’s agent left the business, and as he began searching for another, he got in touch with Habib.
- As Political Divide Widens, Will Big Houses Rethink Conservative Publishing?
If anything, editors and agents in the conservative publishing space may simply be facing an issue of timing.As one agent who sells books by conservative and liberal authors stressed, now might not be the right moment to shop books by certain conservatives at the big houses.