- Call and Response: Social Justice Books 2020-2021
This means that recent consciousness movements bring us to work with frontline organizers, organizational leaders, and change agents who are working full-time to bring about meaningful change.
- With Her New Book, Kaitlyn Greenidge Practices Radical Care
But with the encouragement of Carrie Howland, her agent, she returned to the story she’d heard from Holly.
- Guadalajara Goes Digital
Collaboration After 17 years, Literal is still focused on its mission to create a collaboration between Mexico and the U.S.Passion and Patience: PW talks with German agent Nicole Witt German literary agent Nicole Witt of the Mertin Literary Agency in Frankfurt represents many notable and emer
- Kacen Callender Wins 2020 NBA for Young People's Literature
Young people already have changed the world in so many ways, and it’s an honor and a privilege to be given the platform and the opportunity to help in their guidance through the magic of story.”The author gave special thanks to agent Beth Phelan and the team at Gallt & Zacker Literary
- The Hybrid Shanghai Children’s Book Fair Completes Run
“However, we had a small booth that was managed by our local agent Hong Cuili.
- Tales of the Unexpected: Mysteries & Thrillers 2020–2021
She describes the book as a “cry against the paternalistic culture and the persecution of outsiders”—in other words, very 2020.Below, more on Mysteries and Thriller books.Subversive Thrills: PW Talks with Aya de León In de León’s ‘A Spy in the Struggle,’ a Black corporate lawyer cum FBI
- Subversive Thrills: PW talks with Aya de León
Twelve years ago, I went to one of these conferences with literary agents and I pitched it.
- Authors Demand Better Treatment from Albert Whitman & Co.
“We are told that some payments and statements are ultimately sent but only with persistent follow-up by the author’s agent; some agents are still waiting.
- Presidential Memoirs Are Big Business. Will Anyone Buy Trump's?
While it might be unheard of to turn down a title by a former American president, Donald Trump poses unique challenges as an author that could force him to go outside the confines of Manhattan to sell any prospective book.PW talked with agents, editors, and other publishing professionals—most o
- Changes Coming to the Frankfurt Book Fair
"Likewise, in the agents center we would typically have 700 to 800 agents working, but our digital Frankfurt Rights platform saw 4,165 people sign up."
- How 'The Only Good Indians' Got Made—And How It Hopes to Revive Horror
Speaking over Zoom with members of his publishing team—including Saga editorial director Joe Monti, marketing and publicity manager Lauren Jackson, and his agent, B.J.
- Religion Book Deals: November 11, 2020
Thompson’s agent, Lisa Jackson of Alive Literary Agency, brokered the deal.T.I.
- Freiling Publishing Pivots Toward Traditional Contracts
The team accepts agented and unagented proposals, and will use Anchor Book Distributors.
- Licensing Hotline: November 2020
King Features Takes On Moomin Publishing King Features, which in mid-2019 was named the North American licensing agent for Moomin, the 75-year-old literary character brand from Finland, has expanded its representation rights to include publishing.
- Rights Report: Week of November 9, 2020
Publication is set for fall 2021 with a second, untitled work to follow; Julie Stevenson at Massie and McQuilkin Literary Agents represented the author for world rights.