- Charlesbridge Launches Teen Imprint
I speak to agents about it .”
- No, I Can't Drive You to the Airport: A Freelancer's Life
Also consider related tasks: maybe part of your day includes researching ancient Egypt or searching for a literary agent.3.
- Bologna Children's Book Fair Preview, 2017
As usual, the fair will offer world-class networking for publishers, literary agents, illustrators, and licensing executives.
- Bologna 2017: Agents Talk Children's and YA Trends
We asked a number of agents and scouts attending this year’s Bologna book fair to talk about the trends they’ve been noticing: in themes, in genres, and in international demand.
- London Book Fair 2017: Publishers Keep Calm and Carry On
Nonetheless, international publishers and agents reported brisk business.
- The On-Sale Calendar: August 2017 Children's Books
Larson (Putnam, $16.99; ISBN 978-0-399-54571-9). 50,000 copies.The Bolshoi Saga: Orphan, Agent, Prima, Pawn by Elizabeth Kiem (Soho Teen, $18.99; ISBN 978-1-61695-655-4). 30,000 copies.
- The On-Sale Calendar: June 2017 Children's Books
Geiger (Disney-Hyperion, $17.99; ISBN 978-1-4847-4957-9). 50,000 copies.Words in Deep Blue by Cath Crowley (Knopf, $17.99; ISBN 978-1-101-93764-8). 50,000 copies.I Am a Secret Service Agent: My Life Spent Protecting the President by Dan Emmett (St.
- In Brief: March 16, 2017
In addition to staff members, in attendance were editors, librarians, and Javaka’s agent, Edward Necarsulmer IV.Good Day, David Baldacci While on tour for The Width of the World, the latest book in his Vega Jane series.
- Q & A with Laini Taylor
She was a licensing agent and she took on my gift line.
- London Book Fair 2017: A Few Novels Gain Buzz Amid Restrained Deal-Making
(Agent Robert Caskie, at Caskie Mushens, represents the author.)
- Obituary: Amy Krouse Rosenthal
Rosenthal’s longtime literary agent Amy Rennert shared these words of appreciation: “What a joy it was for me to work with Amy all these years.
- Fantagraphics Has Surprise Hit in Debut ‘My Favorite Thing Is Monsters’
Ferris’ agent, Holly Bemiss, then placed it with Fantagraphics, which decided to split the book into two volumes in order to keep the list price ($40), and the book’s considerable production requirements, at reasonable levels.Fantagraphics publisher Gary Groth said he will publish the second
- Spotlight on John Gilstrap
Grave and his partner must extract an imprisoned DEA agent from a Mexican drug cartel’s jungle HQ.
- Book Deals: Week of March 13, 2017
Braff penned the agreement with agent Kristin Nelson at Nelson Literary.
- London Book Fair 2017: Cory Doctorow Unveils His Latest Publishing Experiment—Fair Trade E-Books
It gives me a simple, fair way to cut all the other parts of the value-chain in on my success: because this is a regular retail sale, my publishers get their regular share, likewise my agents.