- Andrew Wylie Makes First Apperance at Guadalajara
Wylie spoke about the role literary agents play today, especially as regards international markets.
- Kuhn Project, ZSH Merge to Create Aevitas
Two boutique literary agencies are merging to create a new firm that will have over 20 agents and offices in three cities.
- Fred Marcellino’s ‘Crocodile’ Resurfaces
An unusual deal, recently brokered by Marcellino’s agent Holly McGhee, involved working with two publishers, recruiting a new artist to finish the illustrations, and winning approval from Marcellino’s family.
- African-American Interest Adult Titles, 2016-2017
The following is a list of African-American interest books for adult readers; compiled from publisher responses to our October PW Call for Information, these titles are publishing between September 2016 and March 2017.
- Writing the African-American Experience
The idea started with her agent, Jennifer Lyons, late in 2014, as I recall.
- African-American Interest Young Reader’s Titles, 2016–2017
Ages 5-10.LERNER A Spy Called James: The True Story of James Lafayette, Revolutionary War Double Agent (Nov., $17.99) by Anne Rockwell, illus. by Floyd Cooper, introduces the true story of the slave who spied for George Washington's army during the American Revolution, and
- Want to Succeed at Self-Publishing? Don't Skimp: Tips from an Indie Author
But when she showed Grace Period to agents, they were impressed but unsure how to sell the book.
- Religion Book Deals: November 2016
Literary agent Roberta Croteau represented Stevens.A New Focus for FortressIn a world rights deal directly with the author, Fortress Press editors Tony Jones and Lisa Gruenisen bought Amber Cantorna’s memoir Refocusing my Family: Coming out, Being Cast Out, and Discovering the True Love of God.
- New Kids' and YA Books: Week of November 28, 2016
In the latest volume of this middle grade series, a girl band operate as secret agents at night.The Secret of a Heart Note by Stacey Lee.
- Chalking Up Another Successful Shanghai Children's Book Fair
-based Green Android, this CCBF was his first vist to China after selling three series through his rights agent.
- Meet the Judges of the BookLife Prize
“The day after it came out, I got interest from an audiobook publisher,” the author says.Matharu then reached out to agents and ultimately secured a book deal with the Macmillan imprint Feiwel and Friends.
- Dirty Blue Line: Police Corruption and Brutality in Crime Fiction
“We are, unfortunately, famous for small-town-cop corruption, much of it racial,” he says.In the latest installment of Becky Masterman’s Brigid Quinn series, A Twist of the Knife (Minotaur, Mar. 2017), the ex-FBI agent leaves Arizona for her home state of Florida to help a
- Publishing in the Pacific Northwest: Indie Spirit
The Pacific Northwest (PNW), also referred to as Cascadia, is flanked by the Pacific Ocean to the west and the Rockies to the east.
- New Titles From Self-Publishers, November 2016
Booksellers, publishers, librarians, and agents are encouraged to look at the 97 self-published titles below, with descriptions provided by their authors.
- Publishing in the Pacific Northwest: Amazon Becomes a Publishing Force
“Agents submit books to us every day, just as they do other publishers.