- Border Crossings: Science Fiction & Fantasy 2016–2017
The plot centers on a gay double agent who works to protect his lover during the rise of fascism.
- New Titles from Self-Publishers: October 2016
Booksellers, publishers, librarians, and agents are encouraged to look at the 81 self-published titles below, with descriptions provided by their authors.
- Christian Living Remains a Strong Publishing Category
Many people are addicted to comfort, from whatever source, writes author Erin Straza, and in Comfort Detox: Finding Freedom from Habits that Bind You (IVP, Feb. 2017) she urges readers to become God’s agents of comforting others.Control freaks will find insights into their tendencies and
- Joan Rivers: 'A Hoot and a Horror'
The truth is, it was not my idea—it was the brilliant idea of my agent, David Kuhn.
- Harvard Square Editions: A Small Press Adds NBA to Its Awards
After being turned down by 50 agents—only one asked to see the manuscript—Li submitted the novel to HSE, which he had seen featured in a newsletter from another small house, Black Lawrence Press.
- Frankfurt Book Fair 2016: Turkish Censorship Ignites Fairgoer's Ire
“Stand by us, the other Turkey,” pleaded exiled Turkish journalist and newspaper editor Can Dündar, who presented the German translation of his new memoir We Are Arrested: A Journalist’s Notes from at Turkish Prison on Wednesday morning at the Frankfurt Book Fair.Sitting alongside fair director Juergen
- Frankfurt Book Fair 2016: The Markets Summit Spotlights Global Opportunities
Among those was Andrea Pasion-Flores, the nation’s only literary agent, as well as Alvin Juban, president of the Game Developers Association of the Philippines, who joked that the country of 100 million people had become “fatalistic” about their place in the world and the fact that the country
- Frankfurt Book Fair 2016: Two Fantasy Debuts Nabbed in Major Deals
Agent Jennifer Azantian, who has her own shingle, represented the author, selling world rights to the three books.
- Frankfurt Book Fair2016: At Opening Presser, Change—and Politics—Loom Large
Meanwhile, on the professional side, fair officials said the Literary Agents & Scouts Center (LitAg) has once again set a record for attendance, with over 700 agents registered to attend.
- Marie Kondo’s Global Appeal
Bruna, received a very short pitch from an agent (“I think we have a certified bestseller”), leading to a next-day preemptive offer for The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up, which has sold about 60,000 copies in the Netherlands.The fan base in these three countries started right at
- Vying to Be the Next 'Gone Girl'
She said she heard that the novel became the “fastest-selling” title ever for its U.K. agent, Madeleine
- Book Deals: Week of October 10, 2016
The middle grade line was developed by Walsh’s agent, Dystel & Goderich’s Stacey Glick, and Hazzan; it will, Glick said, tell the life stories of “brave young women.”
- East Meets West in Kodansha’s ‘Attack on Titan Anthology’
So, of course, there were plenty of surprises and a few struggles.For example, we had a story set prior to the main series into which we were able to weave two key Attack on Titan characters that fans will recognize, Erwin Smith’s father and Military Police agent Djel Sannes.
- Kensington Unveils Two New Digital-First Imprints
Together, Caress and Liaison will release a combined 50 titles this year.The new imprints, which will accept agented and un-agented proposals, will be directed by Kensington director of social media and digital sales Alexandra Nicolaijsen.
- Licensing Hotline: September 2016
Viz Media retained Evolution USA as licensing agent for its manga/anime properties, which include One Punch Man, Naruto, and others....