- Behind the Italian Bestseller, 'The Physics of Love'
Rights are controlled by agent Vicki Satlow.
- New Titles from Self-Publishers, May 2016
Booksellers, publishers, librarians, and agents are encouraged to look at the 101 self-published titles below, with descriptions provided by their authors.
- YA Edition of Dan Brown's 'Da Vinci Code' Announced for Fall
September 13 and by Penguin Random House UK on September 8.World English rights to The Da Vinci Code (Young Adult Adaptation) were jointly acquired by Barbara Marcus at Random House Children's Books and Francesca Dow at Penguin Random House UK from agent Heide Lange at Sanford J.
- Need a Laugh? Rob Elliott and HarperCollins Have You Covered
” Elliott obviously proved that assessment wrong, and his knack for making kids laugh caught the attention of Sargent, who approached the author’s agent, Leavell, about expanding Elliott’s humor repertory with four new joke collections from HarperCollins.
- YA Authors Sound Off on Plotting vs. 'Pantsing' and Other Writing Concerns
For An Ember in the Ashes, Tahir interviewed “modern-day warriors” like an FBI agent.
- PW Online and On Air: Week of May 16, 2016
Agent Richard Curtis and bookseller Peter Glassman debated:These so-called “stabilized” returns are no cause for celebration.
- Book Deals: Week of May 16, 2016
Agent Barbara Zitwer, who has an eponymous shingle, brokered the sale and described Pyun’s work as “unique explorations of the quiet menace beneath the surface of our modern lives.”
- BEA 2016: Live Coverage
Here’s our coverage of the show, from the expo’s hot galleys to its conversation-starting programming on rights, royalties, and the state of digital publishing.Sir Tim Berners-Lee, creator of the World Wide Web, laid out a sprawling vision for the future of digital publishing at IDPF's DigiCon
- BEA 2016: The Property Brothers Are Here for You
Drew is the real estate agent; Jonathan is the contractor.
- BEA 2016: Jeff Giles: Following a Different Career Path, in a New Setting
At the outset, a teen and her younger brother are dramatically rescued from a criminal’s brutal attack by the mysterious X, whom Giles calls a “bounty hunter from someplace like hell who will either fix everything or make it worse.”When agent Jodi Reamer at Writers House sold Giles’s novel and
- BEA 2016: Kami Garcia: Marking a Year of Milestones
That was fun to play with.”When she heads back home to Annapolis (hopefully after sampling some Chicago pizza), Garcia will finish writing The X-Files Origins: Agent of Chaos (Macmillan/Imprint, Jan. 2017).
- BEA 2016: Jane Hamilton: Succession and Its Aftermath
.), about young Mary Frances “Frankie” Lombard’s life at an apple orchard, was triggered when Hamilton’s agent suggested she write a memoir about the apple orchard she herself lives on in Wisconsin.
- BEA 2016: Noah Hawley: Always Write
The show was successful and my agent very smartly sent out the partial manuscript; we sold it and then suddenly I had to finish it while we were making the second year of Fargo.
- BEA 2016: Kristina Riggle: A Novel of Note
“I love writing about families so much that I thought, one way I could meet my agent’s challenge would be to take on a family and make it across generations,” she says.
- BEA 2016: Louise Penny: Penny Wonderful
“Every book I write,” she tells Show Daily, “even when it gets to the fifth draft and I am ready to show it to another human being, be it my editor or my agent, I don’t know if it’s any good, and I’m terrified.