- New Titles from Self-Publishers: April 2016
Booksellers, publishers, librarians, and agents are encouraged to look at the 140 self-published titles below, with descriptions provided by their authors.
- Book Deals: Week of April 25, 2016
The book, which agent Lynn Johnston sold, is about a green curriculum’s positive impact on the students in the South Bronx high school where Ritz teaches.
- France Looks to ‘Brooklyn,’ ‘Grey’ Claims Sweden
Bourdeaut, a former real estate agent, has caused something of a stir with his first foray into fiction; his biography gives the novel’s publication an underdog undercurrent, with the author telling France’s L’Express magazine, “My only diploma is my birth certificate.”E.L.
- Fair Author Contracts: Two Lawyer Weigh In
Levine represent authors, agents, and publishers at their law firm, Levine Samuel.
- Industry Veterans Form A New Christian Fiction Publishing House
Balow was head of marketing for the Left Behind series for Tyndale and, for the last three years, a literary agent with The Steve Laube Agency.
- Children’s Lit Community Launches Auction to Help Refugees in Europe
Authors, illustrators, agents, editors, and more are coming together to help raise money to support the refugee crisis in Europe.
- Licensing Hotline: April 2016
and its agent Peeko.
- A New Take on the Old West: PW Talks with J. Todd Scott
DEA agent Scott’s first novel, , blends the classic western with a modern noir sensibility.What research did you have to do while writing The Far Empty?
- A Busy International Book Fair Season
“Upbeat and buzzy” was agent Sophie Hicks’s take on the event.
- The Import Trends Driving the Chinese Academic Publishing Boom
Therefore most clients rely on the expertise of agents specializing in the entire process of importing books into China.
- Bologna 2016: Wrapping Up a Quietly Busy Fair
For agent Barry Goldblatt, the fair seemed simultaneously quiet and busy.
- Behind the French Bestseller, 'Waiting for Bojangles'
His publisher said that he tried his hand at number of odd jobs, from real estate agent to sea salt collector, and then became unemployed.
- Rights Report: Week of April 11, 2016
Publication is scheduled for spring 2017; Karen Grencik of Red Fox Literary represented the author, and the illustrator was not agented.
- London Digital 2016: What’s Ahead for Digital Publishing?
Interestingly, Ashleigh Gardner, head of content for Wattpad, says that even though Wattpad members read stories on their phones, they “don’t see themselves as reading e-books—they’re following social media.”In retail, Zola Books, an ambitious e-book publishing and recommendation site founded by literary
- E-book App Applies Gaming E-Commerce Model To Mobile Reading
One of those partnerships is with Fuse Literary, a literary agency founded in 2013 and based in Silicon Valley, with agents working throughout North America.