- Behind the French Bestseller, 'Waiting for Bojangles'
His publisher said that he tried his hand at number of odd jobs, from real estate agent to sea salt collector, and then became unemployed.
- Rights Report: Week of April 11, 2016
Publication is scheduled for spring 2017; Karen Grencik of Red Fox Literary represented the author, and the illustrator was not agented.
- London Digital 2016: What’s Ahead for Digital Publishing?
Interestingly, Ashleigh Gardner, head of content for Wattpad, says that even though Wattpad members read stories on their phones, they “don’t see themselves as reading e-books—they’re following social media.”In retail, Zola Books, an ambitious e-book publishing and recommendation site founded by literary
- E-book App Applies Gaming E-Commerce Model To Mobile Reading
One of those partnerships is with Fuse Literary, a literary agency founded in 2013 and based in Silicon Valley, with agents working throughout North America.
- Beverly Cleary's Birthday Party of the Century
“When we got in touch with Amy and her agent, we found out she was a huge fan.”
- Book Deals: Week of April 11, 2016
Agent Barabara J.
- This Week's Bestsellers: April 11, 2016
In the new book, Burroughs, who married his literary agent, Christopher Schelling, in 2013, writes about his search for love in pre- and post-9/11 New York.
- Sales Up at Bibliomotion
“It’s really designed for prospective authors, book groups, agents and subagents, and booksellers,” Heilman said.
- Bologna 2016: What Brings You Here? Five Non-Rights Perspectives on the Fair
“We’re here to meet with publishers and artists,” says senior agent Harding.
- Meg Rosoff Wins 2016 Astrid Lindgren Memorial Award
In Bologna, agent Catherine Clarke accepted a bouquet of flowers on Rosoff's behalf.
- Bologna 2016: A Busy First Day as the Fair Opens
The 53rd Bologna Children’s Book Fair opened on Monday morning, April 4, with publishers, agents, and other attendees reporting brisk traffic and full slates of meetings.
- There's No One Way to Sell an E-book
Friedman said Open Road plans to add two more online communities (she declined to specify the verticals), one in late 2016 and another in early 2017.Launched in 2010 by literary agent Scott Waxman as a digital-first publisher, Diversion Books has grown into a “more traditional publishing model
- Book Deals: Week of April 4, 2016
Elton is a former literary agent who represented the estate of Winnie the Pooh creator A.A.
- Children's Job Moves: March 2016
Marisa Finkelstein has been promoted to associate production editor, from assistant production editor.Linda Epstein has joined Emerald City Literary Agency as agent; previously she was associate agent at the Jennifer DeChiara Literary Agency.Betina Cochran has been named director of licensing and special mark
- Sleepless Kids? A Trio of Picture Books Comes to the Rescue
Established in 2006, the company focuses on “conceptual agenting,” a mash-up of a literary agency and a traditional book packager.