- New Titles from Self-Publishers, March 2016
Booksellers, publishers, librarians, and agents are encouraged to look at the 119 self-published titles below, with descriptions provided by their authors.
- Book Deals: Week of March 28, 2016
And Ryan Harbage, the agent who sold Janet Mock's book, was left out of that original item.
- London Briefcase 2016: What U.S. Agencies Will be Selling at the London Book Fair
Greenburger AssociatesThe folks at SJGA are jazzed about Foreign Agent, a new thriller from Brad Thor (Atria/Bestler, June).
- The Indie Author Behind the Official 'Dracula' Prequel
He sent hundreds of query letters to agents but became discouraged by the lack of response.
- International Hot Book Properties, Week of March 21, 2016
The first name of Salomonsson agent Julia Angelin was also misspelled.
- Q & A with Ally Condie
My agent, Jodi Reamer, and my editor, Julie Strauss-Gabel, are like my own two-woman team.
- It Takes 16 People Working Full Time to Publish All of James Patterson's Books
Rust noted that the majority of publishers have to “split their focus looking upstream” to authors and agents, and downstream to booksellers and to readers.Because of Patterson’s consistency and dedication to Little, Brown and the team, “we’ve been able to focus our attention on the reader-facing s
- Behind the Spanish Bestseller, 'All My Futures Are With You'
The work, which Marwan's literary agent described as a mix of "urban poetry, short texts, and tweets," is selling, in part, thanks to its author's social media following.Book title: Todos Mis Futuros Son Contigo (All My Futures Are With You )First published by: Plane
- The 2016 NBCC Awards in Photos
The 81-year-old Berry is the author of more than 50 books, including his 2015 essay collection, Our Only World.Ross Gay wins the poetry award.Maggie Nelson, the winner for criticism, celebrates with her Graywolf editor, Ethan Nosowksy.Margo Jefferson makes acceptance remarks after taking home the
- Ask the #IndieExperts: Book Trends and Marketing
If done well, there’s not a plot out there that agents, editors, and readers will dismiss simply because it’s been done before.
- Book Deals: Week of March 21, 2016
Margo Lipschultz brokered the agreement with agent Helen Breitwieser at Cornerstone Literary.Correction: This article has been updated to reflect the correct title of Matt Bird's book.
- PubMatch to Be Part of New BEA Digital Network
PubMatch has made great strides in the past few years to help publishers, authors and agents manage and automate their available rights.
- Bethany Buck Named Editorial Director at Sky Pony
Greenburger Associates as a literary agent last January.
- Rights Report: Week of March 14, 2016
Publication is scheduled for summer 2017; Caradoc King at AP Watt/United Agents brokered the deal for North American rights.Liz Tingue at Razorbill has bought A Million Junes by Emily Henry, a speculative YA romance.
- End the Book Embargo Against Cuba
Their purpose was to build bridges of understanding and explore opportunities for greater cultural and economic collaboration.The American delegates included authors, publishers, distributors, literary agents, service providers, consultants, and independent booksellers.