- Debut Picture Book 'Sock on the Loose' Gets a Digital Matchmaking Campaign
After a year and a half of workshopping, trading feedback with his family and others, and refining the project with his agent, his debut picture book, Sock on the Loose, was launched by Macmillan’s Roaring Brook Press imprint on February 23.McGlauflin said he aimed to create a “relatable
- Religion Book Deals, March 10, 2021
Harrison, who didn't use an agent, is a fellow of the Black Theology and Leadership Institute of Princeton Theological Seminary and a graduate of the Theology and Ministry Program at PTS.
- Obituary: Norton Juster
Gail Hochman, Juster’s longtime literary agent, reminisced, “What we all remember most was the twinkle in his eye.
- Apple Books Category Bestsellers, March 7, 2021
Zero Zero (An Agent Zero Spy Thriller—Book #11) by Jack Mars - 9781094371450 - (Jack Mars) 4.
- Frankfurt Commits to In-Person Fair, Opens Registration
The Literary Agents & Scouts Centre (LitAg) will be moved to Hall 6.2 from the Festhalle, where it was most recently hosted in 2019.
- “Degenerate” Books for Discerning Readers
When my agent, Natalie Kimber, was discussing publishing schedules, pitching processes, and editing with me, I thought, yeah... no thanks, and that was that.
- Don't Call Jennifer Weiner's New Novel a Beach Read
Atria says she has more than 15 million books in print overall, and, according to her agent, she’s been on the New York Times bestseller list for 258 weeks, or nearly five years, throughout her 20-year career.Weiner has also been a favorite in Hollywood, with her 2002 novel In
- How 'Infinite Country' Found Its Perfect Home at Avid Reader Press
Engel’s agent, Ayesha Pande, submitted the book to a handful of editors, including Wein, who acquired the novel in a two-book deal.
- What’s the Point (of View)?
Some prevailing wisdom claims that publishers only like the third person, or that a writer will never find an agent who will accept a novel written in the first person.
- Meet Kris Kliemann of BISG
The committee members come at the problems and issues of rights from all angles—authors, agents, publishers, system vendors, and so on.
- 'The Runaway Bunny' Hops to HBO Max
“Amy Schatz and the production team worked closely with Thacher Hurd, Clement Hurd’s son, and Ellen Geiger, longtime agent representing the author’s side, and truly created a work of art that’s as soothing and intimate as reading the book on the lap of a loved one,” she said.
- Kid Lit Community Rallies Against Anti-Asian Racism
After announcing the call for donations on the Asian Author Alliance Twitter page on February 21, Lee and Cho, along with National Book Award finalist Traci Chee, Debbi Michiko Florence, and Van Hoang, got to work bringing the auction to life.The group took to Wordpress, creating individual post
- 'Arms' Race: Where We Stand One Year into the Covid-19 Crisis
Shaman is Director of the Climate and Health Program Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, where his team studies the transmission of infectious agents.
- Apple Books Category Bestsellers, February 28, 2021
The Night Agent by Matthew Quirk - 9780062875488 - (William Morrow) 17.
- Book Deals: Week of March 1, 2021
The agent added that book is a “laugh-out-loud, emotionally charged story of one woman’s unexpected path to authenticity.”