- Middle Ground Book Fest: A Panel on the Post-2020 Middle Grade Landscape
Johnson described agenting as being the middleman between the writer and editor.
- Rights Report: Week of August 3, 2020
Ben Rosenthal at HarperCollins/Tegen has bought, in a two-book deal, North American rights to a middle-grade series from former NBA All-Star Caron Butler (l.)
- Children's Job Moves: July 2020
Kayla Cichello is joining Upstart Crow Literary as agent, as of August 1.
- Book Deals: Week of August 3, 2020
In the book, HMH said, Strzok “draws on lessons from a long career—from his role in the Russian illegals case that inspired the TV series The Americans to his service as lead FBI agent on the Mueller investigation—to construct a devastating account of foreign influence at the highest levels of
- Canadian Libraries Respond to 'Globe and Mail' Essay Attacking Public Libraries
As literary agent Rick Pascocello has said, “They aren’t gaming the system, they own the system.”
- In Conversation: Saadia Faruqi and Laura Shovan
After talking with my agent, Stephen Barbara, the idea to co-author the book started taking shape.
- Agents Protest London Book Fair's Handling of Refunds
Agents who canceled their tables prior to the fair's ultimate, formal cancellation announcement had no money returned.
- Q & A with Kim Johnson
She got to take some of those independent threads and be the agent in her story.
- Coronavirus Poem Goes from Facebook Post to Picture Book
Over the years, O’Meara has written a number of manuscripts, but her disillusionment with the complexities of the publishing trade caused her to abandon attempts to find an agent.
- 'Frederick': A Mouse with a Message
Kirsten Hall is a children’s book agent at Catbird Productions and award-winning author (The Jacket; The Gold Leaf; The Honeybee).
- Book Deals: Week of July 27, 2020
The Nature magazine editor draws, the agent said, “from his decades of publishing cutting-edge scientific discoveries to tell a gripping story, a tale of survival and persistence, illuminating the delicate balance within which life exists.”
- The Pandemic Pushed Publishing Into the Digital Realm. So What's Next?
In its place will likely be a more geographically and socially diverse author-agent-publisher ecosystem, enabled by a more expansive communications infrastructure as well as new collaboration and networking norms and tools adopted in response to the pandemic.A new study by Ithaka S+R of university presses
- With Jennifer Nansubuga Makumbi's Next Novel, a Star is Born
Even after resubmitting new drafts in 2005 and 2008, multiple agents said no.
- Meet the Agent: Tanya McKinnon
A master’s degree in cultural anthropology from the New School came next, then a job as a foreign scout at Mary Evans Inc., where she spent nine years working as an agent.
- New Titles from Self-Publishers: July 2020
Booksellers, publishers, librarians, and agents are encouraged to look at the 149 self-published titles below.