- Louise Penny Is Still Killin’ It
I put my love and focus into them as one would a child.”Penny’s agent, David Gernert, says, “People make the grave mistake of calling Louise’s books mysteries, which isn’t accurate.
- Spring 2021 Flying Starts: Gracey Zhang
When Mann became an agent on her own, Zhang signed with her.Zhang found out about a residency in France, a three-month stint in a town that hosted a festival dedicated to comics and animation.
- Spring 2021 Flying Starts: Faridah Àbíké-Íyímídé
I queried it until July when I got my first agent,” who then sold it to Usborne in the U.K.
- Spring 2021 Flying Starts: B.B. Alston
So I gave it a shot.”For the next few years, Alston pursued his career through traditional methods, submitting to agents with no measurable success.
- Matthew Pearl's Latest Explores the American Frontier
In early 2018, Matthew Pearl told his longtime agent, WME’s Suzanne Gluck, his idea for a nonfiction book.
- Licensing Hotline: June 2021
The initial press release about the licensing program has generated a lot of interest from potential licensees in North America, she said, as well as from licensing agents in other territories.
- Kidlit 'Books for Palestine' Auction Raises $86,000
Chakraborty’s Daevabad Trilogy, and a query/20-page critique by literary agent Joanna Volpe.
- SCBWI Gives a Boost to Underrepresented Book Creators with New Award
When submitting manuscripts, author applicants must supply the following information: a personal artist’s statement, a synopsis of their work, expected publishing date and names of their editor, agent, and publisher.
- HC Inks Deal with MLK Jr. Archives
Judith Curr, president and publisher of HarperOne Group, negotiated the deal with Amy Berkower, president, Writers House and agent for the King estate; and Eric D.
- Rights Report: Week of June 21, 2021
Hannah Hill at Delacorte has acquired, in a preempt, Lancers, the debut YA trilogy by author Yoon Ha Lee (Dragon Pearl).
- Religion and Spirituality News Briefs: June 23, 2021
Laura Wheeler becomes acquisitions editor, responsible for acquiring and editing 12-15 novels per year as well as building and maintaining relationships with authors and agents.
- Bologna Children's Book Fair: 'From Page to Screen'
The U.S. market is more likely to have agents representing the publishers and authors, for example, and there are tax differences from region to region.
- Baker Launches Publishing Incubator
He said that after sending an email to “150 of my closest friends,” a number of agents and editors said they wanted to contribute.Now, with some slots still open, Baker said it’s best to nominate potential participants—who must sign a liability waiver and provide proof of vaccination in order
- Book Deals: Week of June 21, 2021
The author, who’s contributed to outlets including Guernica and McSweeney’s, was represented by Massie & McQuilkin agents Rob McQuilkin and Max Moorhead.
- High Plains Hero: PW Talks with Taylor Moore
In former CIA agent Moore’s Down Range (Morrow, Aug.), DEA agent Garrett Kohl brings an Afghan boy home to the Texas Panhandle.How was the story informed by your own experience as a CIA agent?