- CAA to Acquire ICM
ICM's roster of noted literary agents includes Esther Newberg, Amanda Urban, Rafe Sagalyn (who had been the principal at Sagalyn Partners), Jennifer Joel, and Alexandra Machinist.
- Indie Presses Have to Partner Up
We accept unagented and agented submissions, with each subjected to meticulous screening, but ultimately offer a wide pool of authors access to publishing expertise.
- Publishing in Canada 2021: Jen Albert on Speculative Fiction in Canada
Polk, Fonda Lee, and Silvia Moreno-Garcia—usually find their success with American agents and at American or U.K. publishers.Short speculative fiction, on the other hand, is flourishing in Canada, and it is diverse.
- For American Agents, It’s Another Year of Managing the Frankfurt Book Fair from Home
This time around she and her colleagues reserved time in early September to meet exclusively with their co-agents, saving their time early in October for meetings with international editors.
- Frankfurt Book Fair Preview 2021: More Than 40 Countries Will Have National Stands
It is important for us to meet with as many agents and publishers as possible to promote our literature.”Nopi Chatzigeorgiou, international book fair coordinator for the Hellenic Foundation for Culture, runs the stand promoting Greece.
- Ten Things Nobody Tells You About the Publishing Industry
The same could be said of agencies and agents.
- Frankfurt Book Fair Preview 2021: The Show Must Go On
—Greg Brandenburgh, associate publisher, Hampton Roads PublishingMichael Seidlinger is a freelance writer in New York City.Below, Read More About Frankfurt Book Fair Preview 2021:Frankfurt Book Fair Preview 2021: More Than 40 Countries Will Have National Stands More than 40 countries are hosting national stands
- Youth Activists Share Their Stories in 'I, Witness'
Uhle was pleased that Norton Young Readers eagerly embraced the I, Witness series when agent Steve Malk proposed the project to publishing director Simon Boughton.
- Dohle Promises Competitive Bidding
Agents and authors have been concerned that, once the S&S purchase is completed, there will be fewer major players able to acquire big-ticketed titles.
- Will ‘The Quiet Tenant’ Make a Loud Noise?
“I very much want to continue doing this at Knopf,” she said.Knopf bought North American rights to The Quiet Tenant in June in what Michallon’s agent, Stephen Barbara of Inkwell Management, described as a “lively ‘best bid’ auction.”
- The Resurrected Women of Maud Casey's Fourth Novel
This is a book about women whose voices have been stripped of identity by their doctors, and I thought, this is so relevant, so powerful in this cultural moment.”Casey says Tasman is “everything you want in an agent.
- UTA Publishing Builds Its Client List
“It’s about putting the interests of the department, and each individual client, over the individual agent,” he added.Julia Cheiffetz at Simon & Schuster’s One Signal imprint, who acquired Stelter’s 2020 book Hoax from Queen, said she appreciated how quickly the agent was able to adapt,
- New and Noteworthy Kids' and YA Book Sequels: September 2021
Picture Books and Graphic NovelsAnts in Our P.A.N.T.S. by John Patrick Green (First Second, Sept. 28 $9.99; ISBN 978-1-250-22005-9)The new mission for the sewer-loving secret agents in the fourth InvestiGators installment has agent Brash trapped in a mys
- Redhook Finds a Groove in Speculative Fiction
Like with anything new, Redhook needed to establish trust with both authors and agents.
- Middle Grade at Point Blank
“I can’t not write it,” I said.I sent it to my agent, and editors weighed in.