- Religion Book Deals: July 22, 2020
Agent Jim Hart represented Gray and the title -- a tale of mysterious images appearing in a church's stained glass windows — is set for a Dec. 20 release.
- New ‘Festival of Licensing’ to Connect Global Licensors and Licensees Virtually
Up to 300 licensors and agents, regional and global, will have digital “booths,” a matchmaking service will facilitate pre-scheduled video meetings, and a chat feature will allow spontaneous communication.
- Spring 2021 Children's Sneak Previews
ABRAMSAbrams stands tall with Be a Tree!
- Children's Job Moves: June 2020
Saritza Hernández has joined as agent, and Jemiscoe Chambers-Black has joined as associate agent.
- Kidlit Distancing Socials Connect Community Through Weekly Webcasts
To help connect and motivate writers in the Covid-19 era, Laura Backes and Jon Bard, the Colorado-based husband and wife team that co-founded Children’s Book Insider, the Newsletter for Children’s Writers in 1990, have launched Kidlit Distancing Socials, a series of free weekly webcasts featuring ed
- Think Young: Christian Fiction Imprints Reach for Under-40 Readers
“I had an appointment with a literary agent at a conference, who told me I was too young to write the book I was pitching.
- Fall 2020 Children's Announcements: Publishers M-Q
Ages 4–8.Agent Moose Mysteries: Agent Moose by Mo O’Hara, illus. by Jess Bradley (Aug. 4, $10.99, ISBN 978-1-250-22221-3), launches a graphic-novel series about a moose who is a secret agent and his owl sidekick.
- Children’s Books for Fall 2020
Next, we speak with a number of editors and agents who are also published authors about juggling their professional and creative lives.
- Children’s Booksellers Plan for an Uncertain Fall
We love being agents of discovery.”The only catch is Berner cannot share the fall titles she is most excited about, because she is serving as a judge for this year’s Walter Dean Myers Award for Outstanding Children’s Literature, which is given out by We Need Diverse Books.
- Children’s Writers Who Wear Multiple Hats
“My agenting always comes first,” he says.
- Fall 2020 Children's Announcements: Publishers F-L
Faber & FaberSanta’s New Beard by Caroline Crowe, illus. by Jess Pauwels (Oct. 6, $8.95 paper, ISBN 978-0-571-33654-8).
- Rights Report: Week of July 13, 2020
Margaret Ferguson at Holiday House/Ferguson has bought The People We Choose, a YA novel by author and literary agent Katelyn Detweiler (Immaculate; The Undoing of Thistle Tate), about a girl who decides to find her sperm donor the summer she turns 18 and the truth that shatters her wor
- Apple Books Category Bestsellers, July 12, 2020
Decoy Zero (An Agent Zero Spy Thriller—Book #8) by Jack Mars - 9781094312910 - (Jack Mars) 6.
- Religion Publishers' Anti-Racism Resources Draw Sales
"We asked the question in marketing, ‘How an we be agents of reconciliation in a broken and divided world?’""
- Apple Books Bestsellers: Hilderbrand Is Back on Top
Decoy Zero (An Agent Zero Spy Thriller—Book #8) by Jack Mars - 9781094312910 - (Jack Mars) 16.