- An International View of the Frankfurt Book Fair
Going into the all-digital Frankfurt Book Fair, which concluded October 17, one question was whether literary agents would adapt to using the new Frankfurt Rights platform.
- Book Buzz Without a Book Fair?
As one agent put it, “The naked truth?
- Mike Chen Shows Why Family Matters
In 2015, the manuscript for that novel landed him his agent, Eric Smith.
- Frankfurt's Boos Says Physical Fairs Cannot Be Replaced
"Likewise, in the agents center we would typically have 700 to 800 agents working, but our digital Frankfurt Rights platform saw 4,165 people sign up."
- An Insider's Guide to the Austin Children’s Book Community
Years ago, literary agent Erin Murphy signed Barton as her first client in Austin, “and I kept running my mouth,” he joked, so now Murphy’s agency also represents Austin authors, Donna Jannell Bowman, K.A.
- 'Animal Crossing' Antics: Four Children's Authors on Finding Community
My editor, Kait Feldmann, and my agent, Jennifer Laughran, were all playing Animal Crossing at the time.
- Meet the Publicist: Fauzia Burke
Among those using the site are the estates of Tom Clancy and Robert Parker, as well as literary agents (McKinnon Literary) and publishers, among them Secant Publishing.
- With 'Raymundo Mata,' Gina Apostol Gets Meta
“I was saying to my agent, ‘I’d like to actually go back to Raymundo Mata and look at it again, because of the fake news shit that’s going on right now—to reflect on what this metatextuality means,” Apostol says.
- Book Deals: Week of October 19, 2020
The agent said the book employs little-known details about a feud between Ida B.
- At This Year's Frankfurt Book Fair, Uncertainty Was Met with Optimism
That said, there were also stories of progress, such as the creation of the Black Agents and Editors Group by Marianne Tatepo, commissioning editor for Ebury Press and Pop Press at Penguin Random House UK.Tatepo appeared on a panel titled “Signals of Hope,” which was the official motto of
- Looking for Today’s Latinx: PW talks with Paola Ramos
She arrived in the U.S. as a teenager only to be raped by ICE agents when she was arrested, and by the men in her cell.
- Gabriela Garcia's Poetic Multigenerational Debut
When Gay tweeted about Garcia’s work (the book was her MFA thesis), agents took notice.PJ Mark, a partner at Janklow & Nesbit, and Marya Spence, an agent there, are co-representing Garcia.
- 'Girls Who Build' Introduces Tools and Techniques of the Trade
The Building of a BookA stroke of serendipity catapulted the Girls Build initiative into the publishing realm when literary agent Jennifer Herrera saw Hughes spotlighted in a 2017 episode of Mike Rowe’s Returning the Favor on Facebook Watch, a show that features individuals who have given back to their
- Little, Brown Adds Meena Harris Picture Book to Winter List
It’s a womanifesto of sorts for girls with ambition, and really, for all kids—we also need to teach our boys that ambitious girls and women are leaders deserving of respect and admiration.”Harris’s message and delivery deeply impressed Farrin Jacobs, v-p and editorial director of Little, Brown Books
- Now Streaming: 'Enola Holmes'
Springer said, “My agent received a call from her father.