- In 2020, Oregon Publishers Went Straight to the Source
“I was so inspired by the members of our community—booksellers, librarians, authors, agents, indie presses—who all came together and did an amazing job leaning on each other,” said Craig Popelars, publisher of Tin House.Popelars said that, though the year proved incredibly challenging, Tin Hous
- Obituary: Norma Jean Sawicki
Brenda Bowen, a senior literary agent with The Book Group, shared recollections of the days in the early 1980s when she was Sawicki’s assistant editor at Four Winds.
- First Look: 'Dream Street' by Tricia Elam Walker and Ekua Holmes
In 2013, the duo began hunting for agents.
- Cover Reveal: 'It Fell from the Sky' by the Fan Brothers
She’s been a champion for us, along with our agent .
- Stacey Abrams Is a Power Player in Her First Legal Thriller
“Stacey is 100% who she seems to be,” says her agent Linda Loewenthal.
- Wise Wolf Books Paves an Adventurous New Path for Teen and Young Adult Titles
When any author or agent approaches the publisher, the first thing it assesses is how many titles the author is bringing to the table.
- Calling 'Cancel Culture' What It Is
Capitol), wrote in the Wall Street Journal in January that he’d been in conversations with “publishers, editors, and agents who wondered when and how the mob would come for them.”I haven’t had these kinds of conversations with publishers, editors, and agents, but I have talked to
- Soapbox: Supporting Children's Editors and Agents in the Effort to Diversify
Suddenly agents were in demand.Since then, the number of children’s agents has seemed to increase every year.
- Apple Books Category Bestsellers, March 21, 2021
The Secret Agent by Elisabeth Hobbes - 9780008400125 - (One More Chapter) 17.
- #DVPit Founder Launches Nonprofit to Better Serve Diverse Authors, Illustrators
Editors have more input into which submissions they receive, she explained, and can solicit projects directly from the agents “instead of waiting for a submission to fall into their lap.”
- Four Questions for Ambreen Tariq
My agent, Zoe Sandler, connected with the people at Kokila an imprint of Penguin Random House focused on inclusiveness.
- Remembering a Year to Forget
—Johanna Castillo, agent, Writers House “When I think of the early days of the pandemic, I feel such gratitude for the team I get to work with.
- How Books Can Address Economic Inequality
Economists and political activists have been issuing warnings about growing economic inequality, or the widening economic disparity between social groups, in the U.S. for years.
- A Campus Killer Stalks the Pages of This Debut Thriller
It’s not usual for an author to disappear after a prominent agent has responded to a query letter.
- Religion Book Deals: March 24, 2021
Agent Christy Fletcher at Fletcher and Co., brought world rights from Convergent editorial Keren Baltzer.