- Religion and Spirituality Book Deals: January 8, 2020
Agent Sheryl Fullerton sold world rights to IVP’s associate publisher Cindy Bunch to Stabile’s The Dynamic Power of the Enneagram.
- Obituary: Clay Winters
Literary agent Doug Whiteman, who served as president of Penguin Young Readers Group for more than a decade beginning in 1994, and later as executive v-p of business operations for the Penguin Group, paid tribute to his colleague with these words: “Clay was a good and wise man who alway
- PW’s Top News Stories of 2019
Audible Caption Proposal Called Copyright InfringementWhen word began circulating in July that Audible was developing a new program called Captions to run text alongside its audiobooks, publishers, agents, and authors all called the proposal copyright infringement.
- Apple Books Category Bestsellers, December 29, 2019
Assassin Zero (An Agent Zero Spy Thriller—Book #7) by Jack Mars - 9781094303710 - (Jack Mars) 16.
- Memoir, Uninterrupted
If an author has a strong platform and a compelling voice, agents and editors can get very excited about his or her memoir.
- Fall 2019 Flying Starts: Brittney Morris
Slay received overwhelming #PitMad attention, and from there, Morris queried some agents who had expressed interest, as well as a short list of dream agents that included Quressa Robinson at the Nelson Literary Agency.
- Fall 2019 Flying Starts: Katy Rose Pool
“I had breakfast with other people who were represented by my agent, and I couldn’t say anything about the deal.
- Fall 2019 Flying Starts: Joowon Oh
Oh knew she needed an agent, but this was not the book she wanted to write.
- New Titles from Self-Publishers
Booksellers, publishers, librarians, and agents are encouraged to look at the 55 self-published titles below.
- Fall 2019 Flying Starts: Christine Day
When Suzie Townsend of New Leaf Literary favorited her pitch, Day sent her the entire manuscript straight away.Day was also offered representation by other agents, but she signed with Townsend the following April.
- PW Readers Pick Their Industry MVPs
Beth Phelan, agent at Gallt & Zacker Literary AgencyAuthor A.
- The Economic Hardship Reporting Project Gives Writers a Hand
The experience inspired her to write her memoir; she quickly found an agent, who will be shopping around a proposal after the holidays.PW spoke with a dozen writers about EHRP, including Lori Yearwood, who provided the most poignant testimonial about its impact.
- A Memoir That Serves as a Playbook for Your 20s
., according to her agent there, and has sold in 21 territories to date, including the U.S.
- Fall 2019 Flying Starts: Julia Drake
Creating a tiered list, she sent queries to a small number of agents.
- Author John Bragg Wins the 2019 BookLife Prize Fiction Contest
I have submitted to agents in the past with no success.