- Anand Giridharadas Brings The True American to Substack
He said that he and his literary agent at the time, Steven F.
- The Future of School Author Visits
He was such a frequent flyer that the TSA agents at his local airport would greet him by name.
- 2020–2022 STEM/STEAM Biographies for Young Readers: A Booklist
In a recent feature, editors and creators of STEM/STEAM-centric biographies revealed what goes into developing one of these books.
- Biographies Illuminate STEM/STEAM Heroes and Concepts for Young Readers
True stories in the form of biographies have proven to be an appealing way to introduce students to complex ideas and the trailblazing people behind those ideas.
- New and Noteworthy Picture Book and Novel Sequels: August 2021
Larry soon finds himself lost inside a library, and must find his way back to Pete.Moose on a Mission by Mo O’Hara, illus. by Jess Bradley (Feiwel and Friends, Aug. 3 $10.99; ISBN 978-1-250-22222-0).In the second book in the Agent Moose series, the circus is
- In Conversation: Adam Jay Epstein and Ruth Chan
Ruth Chan: I was waiting to hear back about another manuscript I was interested in illustrating when my agent sent along Kendra email with your manuscript.
- Pandemic Missed Connections: August 12, 2021
My deep desire is that Breath will continue to find champions and readers, because I really do believe it’s one that changes lives.Allyn Johnston, v-p and publisher, Beach Lane BooksLooking for Smile began during a weekend in May 2019 when I was teaching a picture book workshop with agent08/12/2021
- Doing the Job: Close-up on Isabella Maldonado
The main trait special agent Guerrera and detective cruz have in common is a stubborn streak a mile wide, but the childhoods that shaped them make them quite different from each other.
- The Hurdles of Finding an Agent
Seeing if agents were happy about it, too.
- Book Deals: Week of August 9, 2021
The agent described A Black Girl in the Middle as a “memoir-in-essays collection.”
- Jessamine Chan's Chilling Debut Novel
Still, by spring 2019 she was ready to query agents.
- The Binc Foundation's Message of Fellowship
Binc is honored to partner with thousands of advocates, including agents, artists and illustrators, authors, publishers, distributors, sales reps, bookstore and comic shop owners and employees, volunteers, trade associations, readers and fans to ensure a relevant, strong, and sustainable foundation
- Still Lives Run Deep in Sarah Winman's New Novel
And he said, ‘I want another 25,000 words, and I’m your agent.’
- When Persistence Pays: PW Talks with Shannon Bradley-Colleary
I am still learning about how to make my books more visible and connect to a larger audience, and I think it’s fantastic that it’s possible for writers to get their work out there without an agent or publishing house, which wasn’t possible just two decades ago.
- 2021 SCBWI Conference: Craft, Perseverance, and Connection
Subsequently attending the SCBWI Mid-Atlantic Conference with copies of her portfolio in hand secured Harrison an agent, Carrie Hannigan of HG Literary, who still represents her today.