- Hachette, Warned by DoJ, Moving Ahead With 'A Warning'
The Department of Justice has warned Hachette Book Group that its planned publication of A Warning by an anonymous Trump administration official may violate a non-disclosure agreement.In a letter addressed to HBG general counsel Carol Ross and Javelin agents Matt Latimer and Keith Urbahn, who represent the
- Guadalajara 2019: The U.S.-Mexico Border As a Literary Character
In a sense, he said, it could be a real and armed person: an American or Mexican soldier, an ICE agent, a member of the U.S.
- International Interest in SIBF Grows
., including James Clear, author of Atomic Habits; Mark Manson, author of The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck; crime writer Kathy Reichs; and television personality and author Steve Harvey.The fair began with a three-day professional program that saw some 400 people—including publishers, for
- Is Publishing Too Top-Heavy?
“There is no doubt that it has gotten harder to sustain a career as a midlist author,” the agent said.
- Gabriel Bump's Ballad of a Nowhere Boy
Everywhere You Don’t Belong has a film agent on board.
- Guadalajara 2019: U.S. Publishers at the Book Fair
Half of his schedule is meetings with agents, the other half with publishers, and Pera will also be looking at the books in Spanish that India will bring to FIL.
- Book Deals: Week of November 4, 2019
Susannah Palfrey at Hachette Children’s Book Group handled the North American rights agreement on behalf of the author’s primary agent, Becky Thomas at Johnson & Alcock.
- Shanghai Children’s Fair Set to Return November 15
(Last year, there were 367 exhibitors with 194 coming from overseas, and about 33,796 visitors.)The successful lounges and zones that BolognaFiere introduced last year—including the BOP-Bologna Prize Lounge, Strega Prize Lounge, Asia Pacific New Entry Lounge, Illustrators Survival Corner, Literary Agent
- PAMA Panel: Connecting Diverse Books with Diverse Audiences
“We’ve got to try to make authors happy with what we can do, convincing them we know the better way to do things.”Bullert added, “The editor and agent should also help to manage the author’s expectations; we’re all a team.
- Rosanne Parry Inks Three-Book, Six-Figure Deal
But despite the compelling connection to OR-7’s trek and Parry’s solid track record, including Oregon Book Award finalist Written in Stone (Random House, 2014), Fiona Kenshole, Parry’s agent, couldn’t garner any interest for A Wolf Called Wander.
- Apple Books Bestsellers: 'The Night Fire' Burns Its Way to the Top
Agent Running in the Field by John le Carré - 9781984878885 - (Penguin Publishing Group) 7.
- Apple Books Category Bestsellers, October 27, 2019
Lethal Agent by Kyle Mills & Vince Flynn - 9781501190643 - (AtriaEmily Bestler Books) 7.
- Rights Report: Week of October 28, 2019
Kate Prosswimmer at S&S/McElderry has acquired Lies Like Poison by Chelsea Pitcher (This Lie Will Kill You), in which Belladonna is charged with a murder she plotted to commit—before she ultimately backed out.
- Macmillan CEO John Sargent: 'We're Not Trying to Hurt Libraries'
That is what is driving the embargo, Sargent suggests—the fear that readers are being trained to get e-books "instantly and seamlessly” from a library, "causing book-buying customers to change habits," and creating "a problem across the publishing ecosystem (authors, illustrators, agents
- Four Questions for Eva Chen
I actually have been promising my agent a book of autobiographical essays, though I’ve been saying that for almost 10 years at this point.Hopefully, there will be more fashion fairy tales, because I have a lot of ideas.