- London Book Fair 2019: Four Questions for...Richard Charkin
Well, first of all, I'm very limited in what I can publish because my terms are not attractive to literary agents: I will not pay advances.
- Bethany Buck Launches Children's Imprint at Trustbridge
She also worked as a literary agent at Sanford J.
- Brown, Black and White in America: PW Talks with Mira Jacob
I’ve always drawn, and my agent knows this because when I turn in manuscripts, I have drawings in the mix.
- Rights Report: Week of March 4, 2019
David Linker at HarperCollins has acquired in a preempt literary agent John Cusick's debut middle grade novel, Dimension Why: How to Save the Universe Without Really Trying.
- Schrank Makes Shifts at Holt
She is well respected by the agent community and she has shown herself to be a decisive and generous team player."
- Photo Diary: Children's Authors Visit Israel with PJ Library
Notably, and unusually, this particular flock of children’s authors didn’t talk of agents or manuscripts or book deals or reviews.
- Book Deals: Week of March 4, 2019
The agent described James’s memoir as “Educated meets Sweetbitter” and said it is about “a young woman breaking free from an abusive and traumatic childhood and into the glamorous but notoriously toxic restaurant industry.”
- London Briefcase 2019: What U.S. Agencies Will Be Selling at the London Book Fair
Martin’s, Aug.When Manhattan is buried by a blizzard, university professor, and former FBI agent, Dr.
- London Book Fair 2019: Keeping the Momentum Going
And check out PW’s roundup for a glimpse at some of the big properties U.S. agents will be selling at the fair.London Briefcase 2019: What U.S.
- Opening the Box: PW Talks with Josh Malerman
My agent called to talk about other things and while we were on the phone, she received an email notification that the book made the list.
- On Dogs & the Unique Hell of Writing Novels
Agents, that’s who.
- New Titles from Self-Publishers: February 2019
Booksellers, publishers, librarians, and agents are encouraged to look at the 78 self-published titles below.
- Brussels Book Fair Plays Matchmaker
Numerous Belgian book retailers also exhibited, such as Librebook, a Brussels bookstore that offers titles in 20 European languages.This year’s fair featured a revamped professional program spearheaded by FLB director Gregory Laurent and Paris literary agents Pierre Astier and Laure Pécher.
- Peter Hessler's 'The Buried' Puts Egypt's Past In Perspective
“We think of Egypt as a craft culture—temples and pyramids—but the pharaohs also knew how to manipulate politically, to use nostalgia the way Trump’s ‘Make America great again’ uses nostalgia.”William Clark of William Clark Associates has been Hessler’s agent since 1998.
- NDP Scores with NBA’s New Direction
“She now has an agent.