- From Russia, Without Love: PW Talks with Robert Dugoni
.), someone is knocking off U.S. sleeper agents in Russia.Can you elaborate on how a meeting with a man who “had a story to tell” spurred this novel?
- Book Deals: Week of February 25, 2019
Planned for publication in late 2020 or spring 2021, the book, the agent said, will examine the role white progressives play in maintaining racial inequality and describes how they might align their actions with their professed values.
- German Children's Publishers Reflect on Taiwan's Book Market
“Single titles of all types work here, and since about 70% of our list are singles, this market is a great fit for us,” said Schuster, who works directly with publishers as well as through agents, adding that “Carlsen is the biggest graphic novel publisher in Germany and we translat
- Taipei 2019: The Fair Opens Amid a Stable Market and an Expanding Kids’s Segment
Norton, an agent for major American houses and university presses.
- Licensing Hotline: February 2019
Miffy to Celebrate 65 Years with New Merchandise Mercis, the company that manages the commercial activities for late author-illustrator Dick Bruna, has retained the Joester Loria Group as the licensing agent for Bruna’s Miffy character in North America.
- Rights Report: Week of February 11, 2019
Publication is scheduled for spring 2021; Bill Contardi at Brandt and Hochman Literary Agents represented the author, and Emily van Beek at Folio Jr.
- 2019 SCBWI Conference: Agents and Editors Give Advice
Alexander Slater, agent at Trident Media Group, commented on a huge rise in graphic novels.
- Religion and Spirituality Book Deals: February 13, 2019
No agent was involved.WJK Starts ‘Practicing’Jessica Miller Kelly at Westminster John Knox bought world rights to Practicing: Be the Change You Want to See in the World by pastor and blogger Kathy Escobar.
- Guilty Until Proven Innocent: PW Talks with David Dow
So one day I said to my agent, “Fine, I’ll just write a novel.
- Green Tapped to Head Abrams Artists
Longtime literary agent Simon Green has been tapped to head the book and publishing division of Abrams Artists Agency.
- Book Deals: Week of February 4, 2019
Wendy Loggia struck the agreement with Jon Elek at United Agents.
- Spring 2019 Children's Announcements: Publishers A-E
360 DegreesThe Moon by Hannah Pang, illus. by Thomas Hegbrook (Apr. 1, $19.99, ISBN 978-1-944530-24-2), examines the science, myths, facts, and fiction surrounding the moon.
- ALA Rebounds in Seattle
“We’ve had progress,” he noted, “but there is still a lack of hard, objective data and information to educate every publisher and every agent and every author that it is in their economic interests to appreciate, to leverage, and to love the channel of libraries and librarians.”And among
- Spring 2019 Children's Announcements: Publishers R-Z
Random HouseSesame Street: Love the Fur You’re In (Apr. 23, $12.99, ISBN 978-1-5247-1585-4).
- #DVPit Connects Agents and Diverse Authors
WNDB has had, agents say, an extraordinary impact upon the steady growth in the number of diverse books being published.