- Book Deals: Week of May 13, 2019
Robert Gottlieb at Trident Media Group brokered the deal.For more children’s and YA book deals, see our latest Rights Report.Correction: This piece initially reported that Meredith Barnes was the agent on the Nayeri deal; it was Volpe.
- Cara Wall's New Book Keeps the Faith
I love ensemble pieces and was riveted from the beginning.”For her part, Wall says she was ready to find an agent.
- Hotel Bohemia: PW Talks with Fiona Davis
I read Howard Blum’s wonderful In The Enemy’s House, a nonfiction account of FBI agents trying to break the codes of Russian spies.
- Q & A with Isabel Quintero and Zeke Peña
Quintero: When my agent, Peter Steinberg, sent out the book it went to auction—there were six editors interested.
- BISG Annual Meeting Tries to Make Sense of the Supply Chain
At one time, she noted, “audio rights were no big deal, but interest in audio has spiked.”Ginger Clark, a literary agent at Curtis Brown, cited the popularity of podcasts and the rise of podcast deals as evidence that consumers are moving from reading books to listening to books.
- Building Better Monsters: PW Talks with Maureen Callahan
He benefited enormously, and this is something even agents on this case didn’t know before: serial killers often learn from the good guys.
- Publishing Industry Mourns the Death of Rachel Held Evans
We are proud to be the publisher of several of Rachel Held Evans’ books, and our thoughts are with Dan and their children.”Rachelle Gardner of Books and Such Literary, who worked as Evans’s agent, reflected on the author’s “strong mind and her bravery in calling out injustice” in a statemen
- Agents Discuss the New Norms of Christian Publishing
Daniel sees more opportunities for agents to bring creative concepts that don’t necessarily fit with the usual Christian living titles.
- Highlights Exits the Book Business
“As Boyds Mills & Kane, we are committed to working closely with our talented authors, illustrators, and agents, and to continuing our mission of creating amazing books for kids, young adults, and kids-at-heart.”The decision, representatives from Highlights said, "reflects an increased
- Children's Job Moves: April 2019
Books.Nicole Geiger, founding publisher of Tricycle Press, has joined Full Circle Literary as an agent.
- Ask the Editor: What to Look for in an Editor?
They are clear about what they expect from you (their fees, preferred method of communication, deadlines) and what you can expect from them (a professional manuscript ready to be submitted to agents).Where to you find these top editors?
- Book Deals: Week of April 29, 2019
Editor Kishani Widyaratna acquired the U.K. and Commonwealth rights from Caspian Dennis at Abner Stein, in association with Renee Zuckerbrot at Massie & McQuilkin Literary Agents.
- Has Stephen Chbosky Written Another Generation-Defining Novel?
I’m always fishing around for books for this column, and, at the National Book Awards ceremony in November, I was sitting next to agent Eric Simonoff, who told me: “Imaginary Friend.”
- Is Aging a Disease?: PW Talks with Louise Aronson and David Sinclair
Rather than targeting ailments one at a time, as we do now, researchers are developing agents that lower the risk of many diseases as well as age-related conditions, including frailty.
- New Titles from Self-Publishers: April 2019
Booksellers, publishers, librarians, and agents are encouraged to look at the 102 self-published titles below.