- Q & A with Gennifer Choldenko
My agent and I were adamant.
- The Week In Libraries: December 7, 2018
/Canadian border and has become a haven for families to meet without fear of being detained by ICE agents.
- Children's Job Moves: November 2018
Talia Levitt has joined Holiday House as editorial assistant; she was previously an agent at Studio Goodwin Sturges and an instructor at the Rhode Island School of Design.
- Christopher Castellani Discovers the Truth Through Fiction
Three years later, Paul Slovak, executive editor at Viking, bought Leading Men with a six-figure preempt from agent Janet Silver with Aevitas Creative Management; it has an announced first printing of 50,000 copies.This fall, Castellani, who is artistic director of creative writing center Grub
- Children's Starred Reviews 2018
Another push, this time from Jenny Han, led Cummins to show her dummy to Han’s agent, Emily van Beek at Folio Literary Management, who is now her agent, too.
- 'How I Landed in Children's Books'
I only had $150 in my bank account to last me until I found my career, so I called an employment agent.
- The Next Black Publishing Generation Speaks
Ingrum recommended a young literary agent, Regina Brooks, and soon I was interning at Serendipity, her agency.
- Ruta Sepetys’s 'Between Shades of Gray' Hits the Big Screen
Sepetys knew this was a forgotten page of history that needed to be told.Then an editor expressed interest in a humorous middle grade mystery she had written, and Sepetys scrambled to find an agent.
- Is Taking a Writing Sabbatical Worth the Time Away?
My agents have warned me to think hard before abandoning the day job; I’ll miss the paycheck, they say, and maybe the work, too.
- Parneros Will Seek Dismissal of Barnes & Noble Countersuit
The retailer is also seeking a judgment that would allow the company to potentially claw back more than $1 million paid to Parneros “during the period of his disloyal conduct.”But in a letter to the court last week, lawyers for Parneros contend that “as a matter of law” B&N lacks the foundat
- Meet the Judges of the 2018 BookLife Prize
In its third year, the BookLife Prize—an annual writing contest sponsored by Publishers Weekly and BookLife—received more than 900 submissions.
- New Titles from Self-Publishers: November 2018
Booksellers, publishers, librarians, and agents are encouraged to look at the 84 self-published titles below.
- Elizabeth Acevedo Wins 2018 NBA for Young People's Literature
She gave thanks to her agent, Joan Paquette, “who in 2012 let someone who had no manuscript reach out to her and say here are 10 pages of a thing that might be a thing, and kept asking what I was working on, and believed in my voice enough to keep checking in.”She also
- Q & A with Traci Chee
For me the point of that contest was not the agent round; it was the chance to have a two-month mentorship with Renée Ahdieh.
- 2018 National Book Awards for Young People's Literature in Photos
.): editor Rosemary Brosnan; this year’s winner, Elizabeth Acevedo; and her agent, Ammi-Joan Paquette.