- Albert Whitman Repairs Relationships, Moves into Multimedia
We’re open to inquiries and suggestions from authors, illustrators, and agents.
- Writers to Watch Fall 2021
I have to take part in the struggle for visibility,” he adds.The draft Ahmed worked on with agent Anjali Singh sprawled to 800 pages, almost twice the length it’d ultimately publish as.
- London Book Fair Panel Examines Synergies Between Books, Products, Experiences
“Licensing is about extending the brand into the different categories, but it’s very much about telling a story and getting people to join in on that story,” said Rob Wijeratna, joint managing director of Rocket Licensing, the U.K. agent for The Very Hungry Caterpillar, in a q&a pan
- New Titles from Self-Publishers: June 2021
Booksellers, publishers, librarians, and agents are encouraged to look at the 112 self-published titles below.
- Spring 2021 Flying Starts: Faridah Àbíké-Íyímídé
I queried it until July when I got my first agent,” who then sold it to Usborne in the U.K.
- Spring 2021 Flying Starts: B.B. Alston
So I gave it a shot.”For the next few years, Alston pursued his career through traditional methods, submitting to agents with no measurable success.
- Spring 2021 Flying Starts: Gracey Zhang
When Mann became an agent on her own, Zhang signed with her.Zhang found out about a residency in France, a three-month stint in a town that hosted a festival dedicated to comics and animation.
- Spring 2021 Flying Starts: Michelle Sterling
I knew how hard it is to find an agent, and you’re never guaranteed publication.
- Matthew Pearl's Latest Explores the American Frontier
In early 2018, Matthew Pearl told his longtime agent, WME’s Suzanne Gluck, his idea for a nonfiction book.
- Spring 2021 Flying Starts: Laekan Zea Kemp
“That’s just what comes most naturally to me.”In 2019, Kemp learned about #DVPit, a Twitter pitch event showcasing un-agented pitches from marginalized voices, and she decided to pitch Somewhere Between Bitter and Sweet.
- Louise Penny Is Still Killin’ It
I put my love and focus into them as one would a child.”Penny’s agent, David Gernert, says, “People make the grave mistake of calling Louise’s books mysteries, which isn’t accurate.
- Kidlit 'Books for Palestine' Auction Raises $86,000
Chakraborty’s Daevabad Trilogy, and a query/20-page critique by literary agent Joanna Volpe.
- Licensing Hotline: June 2021
The initial press release about the licensing program has generated a lot of interest from potential licensees in North America, she said, as well as from licensing agents in other territories.
- SCBWI Gives a Boost to Underrepresented Book Creators with New Award
When submitting manuscripts, author applicants must supply the following information: a personal artist’s statement, a synopsis of their work, expected publishing date and names of their editor, agent, and publisher.
- HC Inks Deal with MLK Jr. Archives
Judith Curr, president and publisher of HarperOne Group, negotiated the deal with Amy Berkower, president, Writers House and agent for the King estate; and Eric D.