- Book Deals: Week of May 14, 2018
Additionally, Jill Marr is the agent who sold that book, not Sandra Dijkstra.
- Anne Leigh Parrish: The Redemption of the Road
"The journey is an agent of change.
- Castillo Comes to Writers House
Johanna Castillo is returning to her roots, leaving her editorial job for a post as a literary agent.
- Edmund White's Life, Observed
“My agent said, ‘TMI!
- May 2018 Audio Books: In the Studio
The story follows T’Challa, who is both king of Wakanda and the superhero known as the Black Panther, as he teams with his country’s special forces and a CIA agent to defend his kingdom.
- A Country Girl's Gritty Southern Debut Novel
Maren’s father often took her along on prison visits, she says, when she was “like four to eight years old.”The manuscript for Sugar Run came to Kathy Pories, executive editor at Algonquin Books, from agent Bill Clegg, with an endorsement from Lauren Groff.
- Teen Thrillers on the Rise
Agent Rosemary Stimola, who represents McManus and has sold One of Us Is Lying into 38 countries, says that the book “immediately caught my eye given its social relevance.
- Select Spanish-Language Titles: April 2018
FinnGrijalboISBN 978-1-947783-53-9In this suspenseful novel, an agoraphobic woman believes she has witnessed a crime next door.Luna llena en las rocas(Full Moon in the Rocks)Xavier VelascoOcéano, dist. by IPGISBN 978-607-527-317-4Velasco’s novel approaches the world of night clubs, dive bars,
- Immigrants: They Get the Books Done
“I do think the election has been a wake-up call to many in the industry, particularly in children’s books,” says Michael Bourret, partner and agent with Dystel, Goderich & Bourret, who sold Emily X.R.
- Defining Literary Diversity
Steven Hutson is a literary agent at WordWise Media Services in Los Angeles.
- Spotlight on YA
Agent Rosemary Stimola, who sold Karen M.
- YA Authors Respond to Teen Activism
I pitched it to my agent, and two weeks later, it went to auction and sold to Penguin.”
- Junot Diaz #MeToo Accusations Surface
In a statement issued through his agent, Nicole Aragi, Díaz said: "I take responsibility for my past.
- He's Baaaack: HarperCollins Reintroduces Skulduggery Pleasant
In exchange, the 25 readers chosen (dubbed “Sanctuary Agents” by the publisher) will get a signed copy of one of the newly released editions, a copy to pass on to a friend, a T-shirt, temporary tattoos, and “special correspondence from Landy.”HarperCollins 360 has also redesigned the
- 2018 Anna Dewdney Read Together Award Announced
“We briefly had the same literary agent and our discussion started out with that in common, along with our insecurities and hopes for our futures in our, at the time, very young publishing careers.