- The New World of Audio: The Global Kids Connect Breakfast Series
Challenges persist, including increasing discoverability, fine-tuning subscription services for consumer ease, and building trust-based relationships between listeners and devices like smart speakers, but “authors, agents, editors—everyone across the kid lit community is really excited about diving in,” Alexander
- ICM Partners Acquires Sagalyn Agency
“Our clients and staff will benefit enormously from the full range of services provided by the agents and staff throughout the firm.”
- Indie Scouting Report:January 2018
.★ Your New Best FriendBy Jayne DenkerSynopsis: During a chance encounter with a distraught young woman, 29-year-old real estate agent Melanie Abbott hands out some well-meaning suggestions and soon finds herself in a thriving business as a professional friend, advice giver, and matchmaker.PW’s
- A Publishing Experiment Survives and Grows at OR Books
It develops many of its titles in-house, but also accepts submissions from agents.
- New Titles from Self-Publishers: January 2018
Booksellers, publishers, librarians, and agents are encouraged to look at the 60 self-published titles below.
- Religion Books Preview: February 2018
An FBI and a CIA agent, struggling to protect a Saudi prince from assassination, realize that modeling Jesus to everyone they meet will carry them across divisions of race and culture.An Extra Mile: A Story of Embracing God's Call by Sharon Garlough Brown.
- Remembering Sue Grafton, Woman of Letters
In 2013, after a long, painful rut, my new agent sold Ava and Pip.
- Open Book: If the Shoe Fits, Write a Novel About It
The publication of Emperor is a trifecta of beginnings: a debut novel, a new imprint, and a young agent.
- The Week in Libraries: January 12, 2018
Yeah, that’s not exactly how you draw it up in the boardroom—a point I am sure Wolff’s agent has made to Macmillan executives.Indeed, the initial publication of Fire and Fury has been a perfect storm of dissatisfaction.
- Translation Database Now Hosted by 'PW'
In keeping with Publishers Weekly’s commitment to the business of international rights and licensing, we are pleased to be able to introduce the database to a wider audience of publishers, rights holders, authors, translators, illustrators, agents and others engaged in the sharing of information within
- Open Book: Every Little Thing Gonna Be All Right for This New Novel
She shopped it around to agents and to publishers with, she says, “no luck”; some responded with simple rejections, others with admiration but with no idea how to market it.
- Religion Book Deals: January 10, 2018
Ellis, with Cyle Young of Hartline Literary Agency as agent.
- Children's Job Moves: December, 2017
Previously, she was editor at video game company Riot Games and associate agent with Talcott Notch Literary.
- A (Block)Chain Reaction for Publishing
Yes, there are contract templates—but the relationship between agents and talent means that rights are still a bespoke industry.So the technology isn’t fully stable for industry just yet.
- Select Book Conferences, Festivals, and Fairs in 2018
., June 23-24The Writers’ League of Texas 2016 Agents & Editors Conference, Austin, Tex., June 29–July 1Feira do Livro de Lisboa, Lisbon, Portugal, TBDJulyFiction at Its Finest Festival, London, July 6–8ThrillerFest, New York City, July 10–14Book Passage Young Adult & Middle