- Abdulrazak Gurnah Wins 2021 Nobel Prize in Literature
Grove, which published Gurnah's debut novel, Memory of Departure, in the U.S. in 1988, is "in discussions with his agent, Peter Straus, in London about publishing new editions," said Deb Seager, director of publicity at Grove/Atlantic.
- Secrets and Lies in Anna Pitoniak’s New Thriller
“We had an agent-editor relationship, and I was flattered and excited when she chose to show me The Futures, because, of course, she knew everyone.”Hunter received the manuscript for Our American Friend in December 2019.
- In Focus: Immigration in Book Publishing
The central importance of immigration to the American experience is evident in the heated and polarizing debates over immigration and refugee policy today.
- True Crime 2021: What Makes Them Tick?
“They weren’t making much progress since none of the agents had any expertise,” Burgess says.
- Mysteries and Thrillers 2021: Mission Accepted
We don’t think about the actual work, but about the champagne and cocktails.”Other readers flock to spy novels for the mesmerizing agents themselves, according to Jessica Case, deputy publisher at Pegasus Books.
- Apple Books Bestsellers: Nicholas Sparks Hasn't Lost His Spark
Absolute Zero (An Agent Zero Spy Thriller—Book #12) by Jack Mars - 9781094372921 - (Jack Mars) 9.
- Children's Job Moves: September 2021
Amanda Gaglione has joined as editorial assistant; previously she was assistant editor at Macmillan Learning.Lillian Mazeika has been promoted to associate agent at the Tugeau 2 agency, from assistant.Kaitlin Kneafsey has been promoted to assistant director of publicity at Penguin Young Readers, from publicity
- Apple Books Category Bestsellers, October 3, 2021
Absolute Zero (An Agent Zero Spy Thriller—Book #12) by Jack Mars - 9781094372921 - (Jack Mars) 4.
- Our Daily Bread Adds Two Editors
Patton, who will continue to write for the devotional, will be responsible for acquisition and developmental editing while working with agents, authors, and ODBM cross-functional teams.
- Where Have All the Midsize Book Publishers Gone?
He noted that the agents RLPG regularly works with know how much it can spend on a book and don’t offer projects outside of its budget.
- Book Deals: Week of October 4, 2021
She did not use an agent in the deal.
- Neel Patel's Homeward Bound Debut
I was like, ‘I think we probably need these stories.’ ” He was right; within a month he had an agent.
- Grupo Planeta Is Relaunching U.S. Publishing Division
-based publishing program closed in 2008 after operating for eight years.Pera, who most recently served as the editorial director of the Vintage Español imprint at Penguin Random House and as a literary agent at the Wiley Agency, will build a new publishing program, though details about when
- In Brief: September 30, 2021
.), a theater agent on the team at WME and daughter of Feiwel and Friends publisher Jean Feiwel, posed with Matt Stine, the son of noted author RL Stine after he won a Tony Award for Best Orchestrations for Moulin Rouge, for which Alex Timbers also won a Tony for Best Direct
- TV Alert: 'One of Us Is Lying'
“My film agent was having conversations with producers,” McManus recalled.