- Rights Report: Week of March 15, 2021
Alessandra Balzer at HarperCollins/Balzer + Bray has acquired, in a four-house auction, The Lesbiana's Guide to Catholic School by debut author Sonora Reyes.
- Licensing Hotline: March 2021
So it was time to bring a licensing agent on, and Melissa and stepped up with a vision for licensing and partnership.” “ allows us to offer more of a 360-degree program,” Segal said.
- Podium Audio Hit New Milestones in 2020
Dickey joined the company in September 2019, and among the hires last year was Kate Runde, director of acquisitions and author relations; she had previously been director of publicity for Vintage Books and Anchor Books.Independent authors and storytellers have been Podium’s main creative source for audiobooks,
- What Does Freedom Mean? A Debut Novel Is Asking.
“I met with a few agents and not much happened.”
- Gutman, Doyle, Conaway Join IDW Publishing, Entertainment Units
Gutman was previously senior director of longform premium content at Funny or Die; before that, he worked as a TV literary and packaging agent at the William Morris Agency.Doyle, now editorial director of originals, will be responsible for acquiring and developing original materials for comic books
- Highlights from the 2021 Latinx Children's Literature Conference
My agent calls it underwear writing, where you just bare it all.
- Publishers' Pandemic Pastimes: March 9, 2021
They have made our time sweeter, and if I have anything to thank the pandemic for, it’s the ducks.Kate Schafer Testerman, founder and senior agent at KT Literary I’ve picked up new hobbies and had a lot of time to practice previous ones in the last year of quarantine.
- Apple Books Bestsellers: Sister Souljah Tops the List
Zero Zero (An Agent Zero Spy Thriller—Book #11) by Jack Mars - 9781094371450 - (Jack Mars) 13.
- Debut Picture Book 'Sock on the Loose' Gets a Digital Matchmaking Campaign
After a year and a half of workshopping, trading feedback with his family and others, and refining the project with his agent, his debut picture book, Sock on the Loose, was launched by Macmillan’s Roaring Brook Press imprint on February 23.McGlauflin said he aimed to create a “relatable
- Religion Book Deals, March 10, 2021
Harrison, who didn't use an agent, is a fellow of the Black Theology and Leadership Institute of Princeton Theological Seminary and a graduate of the Theology and Ministry Program at PTS.
- Obituary: Norton Juster
Gail Hochman, Juster’s longtime literary agent, reminisced, “What we all remember most was the twinkle in his eye.
- Apple Books Category Bestsellers, March 7, 2021
Zero Zero (An Agent Zero Spy Thriller—Book #11) by Jack Mars - 9781094371450 - (Jack Mars) 4.
- Frankfurt Commits to In-Person Fair, Opens Registration
The Literary Agents & Scouts Centre (LitAg) will be moved to Hall 6.2 from the Festhalle, where it was most recently hosted in 2019.
- “Degenerate” Books for Discerning Readers
When my agent, Natalie Kimber, was discussing publishing schedules, pitching processes, and editing with me, I thought, yeah... no thanks, and that was that.
- Don't Call Jennifer Weiner's New Novel a Beach Read
Atria says she has more than 15 million books in print overall, and, according to her agent, she’s been on the New York Times bestseller list for 258 weeks, or nearly five years, throughout her 20-year career.Weiner has also been a favorite in Hollywood, with her 2002 novel In