- The Unbearable Whiteness of Publishing Revisited
Norton, explained to Ledbetter that new hires “come from a network of agents, writers, and academics....
- In Brief: January 28, 2021
Award-winning author Cashore (l.) spoke about Winterkeep (Dial) with her agent, Faye Bender (c.), and her editor, Andrew Karre.
- Norton Young Readers, Accord Literary Bring African Voices to U.S.
Boughton likens Accord’s work to acting as both packager and agent.
- 10 Most Dynamic Detective Duos in Crime Fiction
Every Waking Hour is Joanna Schaffhausen’s excellent fourth novel featuring Ellery Hathaway, who as a teen was the sole survivor of a serial murderer/kidnapper, and Reed Markham, the FBI agent who rescued her.
- New Titles from Self-Publishers: January 2021
Booksellers, publishers, librarians, and agents are encouraged to look at the 66 self-published titles below.
- Clint Smith's Nonfiction Debut Reckons with History
she tells me.But then, in 2018, Smith’s agent left the business, and as he began searching for another, he got in touch with Habib.
- As Political Divide Widens, Will Big Houses Rethink Conservative Publishing?
If anything, editors and agents in the conservative publishing space may simply be facing an issue of timing.As one agent who sells books by conservative and liberal authors stressed, now might not be the right moment to shop books by certain conservatives at the big houses.
- Closeup on: Angeline Boulley's Firekeeper's Daughter
At that point, I began to query agents because I couldn’t think of anything else to revise.
- Obituary: Kathleen Krull
Susan Cohen, senior literary agent at Writers House, represented Krull for more than 30 years.
- McGuigan Files Suit Against Former Foundry Partner, Gendell
He said he filed the suit, "because I thought it was in the best interest of Foundry, it’s agents and our clients."
- Industry Members Unite to Block Trump Administration Book Deals
Author Barry Lyga has posted an open letter signed by more than 250 authors, agents, booksellers, and publishers supporting their opposition to any publisher signing up President Donald Trump or members of his administration for any further book deals.
- Cover Reveal: 'Pax, Journey Home'
After her agent, Steven Malk, informed her that he too was receiving letters from readers wanting to know what happens next to Peter and Pax, Pennypacker recalled that, “for some reason” she responded, “Of course I know what happens.”
- Virtual Conference for Diverse Writers, Illustrators Launches
Elle and agent Samantha Fabien randomly reached out to me at the end of 2019, saying they were planning a con with a similar mission.
- Religion & Spirituality Book Deals: January 13, 2021
No agent was involved in the sale.
- Christian Literary Agents Eye Diversity, Expansion
“There is a place for agents who bring books that really grapple with faith and culture.”