- The On-Sale Calendar: September 2020
SEPTEMBER September 1 Chaos by Iris Johansen (Grand Central Publishing, $28; ISBN 978-1-5387-1313-6). 125,000 copies.
- Sigrid Nunez Returns After Her NBA Win
My current agent had vanished while that book was in production!
- Have Race Issues in Publishing Reached a Tipping Point?
My agent and I fought and fought before we wrestled our way to that number.”In creating #PublishingPaidMe, McKinney tweeted, “When books by white authors don’t perform, they’re likely to get another chance and another 100k advance.
- Amistad Launches #BlackoutBestsellerList on Social Media
Kendi (author of How to Be an Antiracist), and to veteran Black literary agent Marie Brown to get their thoughts on the campaign before it went live.
- Fall 2020 Announcements: Audio
., $35 CD, ISBN 978-1-5491-4145-4), introduces Alisa Flynn, a CIA agent who may be willing to go rogue to catch the most heartless criminals she’s ever encountered.
- Book Deals: Week of June 15, 2020
The agent added that the book was “pitched as Dear White People meets the college admissions scandal.”
- Coalition of Individuals, Literary Organizations Issues Demands to Tattered Cover
Other signers include agent Kristin Nelson and four of her colleagues at the Nelson Literary Agency and Angela Maria Spring of Duende District Bookstore in Washington, D.C.Describing Tattered Cover as more than simply a place where one can buy books, but as an influential hub of literary activity
- Red Sofa Literary Principal Threatens to Sue Other Agents, Author
The two agents are Beth Phelan of Gallt and Zacker (the email was cc’ed to that agency’s two principals) and Kelly Van Sant, who until two weeks ago worked for Red Sofa.
- Religion Book Deals: June 10, 2020
Wilde represented himself in the deal.Tyndale Takes One for MomsBecky Brandvik, senior director, Tyndale Gift & Specialty, took world rights to a book by literary agent Blythe Daniel and her mother Dr.
- Glasstown Entertainment Under Fire From Former Employees, Authors
PW asked several authors who have contracted with Glasstown for their input, and was informed that, to their knowledge, agented authors invariably received better advances that included percentages of sales.
- Sarah Vaughn's New Novel Lurks in the Shadows of Motherhood
“Sarah’s novels feature women who are navigating their roles as wives, mothers, and daughters, but who often also have other great responsibilities—lawmakers, doctors, politicians,” says Lizzy Kremer, Vaughan’s literary agent.
- Book Deals: Week of June 8, 2020
Plotting, which Lipstein sold without a literary agent, is set in the world of New York publishing and, he said, follows an up-and-coming writer who's made grand promises by an agent.
- A Fiction Antiracist Reading List
But when his plans to escape with Sophia, the woman he loves, are dashed by betrayal and violence, Hiram is inducted into the Underground, the secret network of agents working to liberate slaves.”The World Doesn’t Require You by Rion Amilcar Scott (Liveright)Scott imagines an alternate history
- Authors Push for Transparency with #PublishingPaidMe
We know agents need to be paid.
- Frankfurt Launches Facebook Rights Community
So far, the site has hosted pitches from agent Elisabeth Ruge, owner of Elisabeth Ruge Agentur GmbH in Berlin; Paniz Terachi from the Blue Circle Literary Agency in Tehran; and Maÿlis Vauterin, foreign rights director at Editions Stock in Paris.