- A Catered Book Club Murder
Agent: Evan Marshall, Evan Marshall Agency.
- A Curious Incident: A Sherlock Holmes Bookshop Mystery
Agent: Kim Lionetti, BookEnds Literary.
- Authors Demand Better Treatment from Albert Whitman & Co.
“We are told that some payments and statements are ultimately sent but only with persistent follow-up by the author’s agent; some agents are still waiting.
- Bear Island
Agent: Rosemary Stimola, Stimola Literary Studio.
- Subversive Thrills: PW talks with Aya de León
Twelve years ago, I went to one of these conferences with literary agents and I pitched it.
- Outside, Inside
Agent: Holly McGhee, Pippin Properties.
- Changes Coming to the Frankfurt Book Fair
"Likewise, in the agents center we would typically have 700 to 800 agents working, but our digital Frankfurt Rights platform saw 4,165 people sign up."
- How 'The Only Good Indians' Got Made—And How It Hopes to Revive Horror
Speaking over Zoom with members of his publishing team—including Saga editorial director Joe Monti, marketing and publicity manager Lauren Jackson, and his agent, B.J.
- Freiling Publishing Pivots Toward Traditional Contracts
The team accepts agented and unagented proposals, and will use Anchor Book Distributors.
- Religion Book Deals: November 11, 2020
Thompson’s agent, Lisa Jackson of Alive Literary Agency, brokered the deal.T.I.
- Rights Report: Week of November 9, 2020
Publication is set for fall 2021 with a second, untitled work to follow; Julie Stevenson at Massie and McQuilkin Literary Agents represented the author for world rights.
- Licensing Hotline: November 2020
King Features Takes On Moomin Publishing King Features, which in mid-2019 was named the North American licensing agent for Moomin, the 75-year-old literary character brand from Finland, has expanded its representation rights to include publishing.
- TV Alert: 'Alex Rider'
When investigating his uncle’s death, Alex is approached by agents Alan Blunt (Stephen Dillane, perhaps best known as Stannis Baratheon in Game of Thrones) and Mrs.
- Madam C.J. Walker: The Making of an American Icon
After working as a sales agent for Mrs.
- All Girls
Agent: Lisa Grubka, Fletcher & Company (Feb.)