- Children’s Books for Fall 2020
Next, we speak with a number of editors and agents who are also published authors about juggling their professional and creative lives.
- Children’s Booksellers Plan for an Uncertain Fall
We love being agents of discovery.”The only catch is Berner cannot share the fall titles she is most excited about, because she is serving as a judge for this year’s Walter Dean Myers Award for Outstanding Children’s Literature, which is given out by We Need Diverse Books.
- Children’s Writers Who Wear Multiple Hats
“My agenting always comes first,” he says.
- Fall 2020 Children's Announcements: Publishers F-L
Faber & FaberSanta’s New Beard by Caroline Crowe, illus. by Jess Pauwels (Oct. 6, $8.95 paper, ISBN 978-0-571-33654-8).
- Rights Report: Week of July 13, 2020
Margaret Ferguson at Holiday House/Ferguson has bought The People We Choose, a YA novel by author and literary agent Katelyn Detweiler (Immaculate; The Undoing of Thistle Tate), about a girl who decides to find her sperm donor the summer she turns 18 and the truth that shatters her wor
- Apple Books Category Bestsellers, July 12, 2020
Decoy Zero (An Agent Zero Spy Thriller—Book #8) by Jack Mars - 9781094312910 - (Jack Mars) 6.
- Religion Publishers' Anti-Racism Resources Draw Sales
"We asked the question in marketing, ‘How an we be agents of reconciliation in a broken and divided world?’""
- Apple Books Bestsellers: Hilderbrand Is Back on Top
Decoy Zero (An Agent Zero Spy Thriller—Book #8) by Jack Mars - 9781094312910 - (Jack Mars) 16.
- Frankfurt Updates Plans with Rights Platform, Virtual Content
The organizers reiterated that there will also be the traditional LitAg, or literary agents center, on site.Buchemesse.de, the fair's website, will serve as an online hub for the fair and will now offer content streams for tracks at the fair—such as Frankfurt Kids and Gourmet Gallery—with
- How #PublishingPaidMe Exposed Racial Inequities
PW reached out to dozens of literary agents, authors, and editors to ask.
- The Hero of 'Black Buck' Is No Willy Loman
Back in New York, he continued querying agents.
- How Telling Stories Together Can Help a Book Soar
Sure, the author will write the first draft mostly alone, but then there are agents, editors, copy editors, cover illustrators, publicity managers.
- Writers to Watch Fall 2020
After he finished the book, his friend Kiese Laymon put him in touch with his agent, PJ Mark.
- Four Questions with Lisa Moore Ramée
Agents liked my pitch.
- Coronavirus Shutters Longtime NYC Children's Bookstore
It is disturbing to see it closed especially at a moment when parents and teachers are in such need of this exact kind of assistance at creating curricula at home and in innovative educational settings.”Laties recalled a conversation he had with literary agent and former editor Brenda Bowen when he