- Book Deals: Week of November 2, 2020
The novel, the agent said, follows a girl named Felice who learns she is the daughter of the mythical ghost La Llorona of Hispanic American folklore and then “vows to help her mother make peace with the events that turned her into the most famous monstruo of U.S.
- The Golden Age of Book Adaptations for TV
As a result, authors and their agents can pitch their stories as continuous, and with the expanded demand for content, the possibilities are booming.How possible, how booming?
- Agent Albert Zuckerman to Retire
Veteran literary agent Albert Zuckerman is retiring.
- Book Deals: Week of October 26, 2020
Priscilla Painton at S&S took world rights from agents Keith Urbahn and Matt Latimer at Javelin.
- Mike Chen Shows Why Family Matters
In 2015, the manuscript for that novel landed him his agent, Eric Smith.
- An International View of the Frankfurt Book Fair
Going into the all-digital Frankfurt Book Fair, which concluded October 17, one question was whether literary agents would adapt to using the new Frankfurt Rights platform.
- Book Buzz Without a Book Fair?
As one agent put it, “The naked truth?
- Frankfurt's Boos Says Physical Fairs Cannot Be Replaced
"Likewise, in the agents center we would typically have 700 to 800 agents working, but our digital Frankfurt Rights platform saw 4,165 people sign up."
- An Insider's Guide to the Austin Children’s Book Community
Years ago, literary agent Erin Murphy signed Barton as her first client in Austin, “and I kept running my mouth,” he joked, so now Murphy’s agency also represents Austin authors, Donna Jannell Bowman, K.A.
- 'Animal Crossing' Antics: Four Children's Authors on Finding Community
My editor, Kait Feldmann, and my agent, Jennifer Laughran, were all playing Animal Crossing at the time.
- Meet the Publicist: Fauzia Burke
Among those using the site are the estates of Tom Clancy and Robert Parker, as well as literary agents (McKinnon Literary) and publishers, among them Secant Publishing.
- With 'Raymundo Mata,' Gina Apostol Gets Meta
“I was saying to my agent, ‘I’d like to actually go back to Raymundo Mata and look at it again, because of the fake news shit that’s going on right now—to reflect on what this metatextuality means,” Apostol says.
- Book Deals: Week of October 19, 2020
The agent said the book employs little-known details about a feud between Ida B.
- At This Year's Frankfurt Book Fair, Uncertainty Was Met with Optimism
That said, there were also stories of progress, such as the creation of the Black Agents and Editors Group by Marianne Tatepo, commissioning editor for Ebury Press and Pop Press at Penguin Random House UK.Tatepo appeared on a panel titled “Signals of Hope,” which was the official motto of
- Looking for Today’s Latinx: PW talks with Paola Ramos
She arrived in the U.S. as a teenager only to be raped by ICE agents when she was arrested, and by the men in her cell.