- Book Deals: Week of March 9, 2020
David Highfill at Morrow won the books at auction from Grainne Fox at Fletcher & Company (who brokered the deal on behalf of U.K. agent Charlie Campbell at Kingsford Campbell).
- Agents Highlight Leading Christian Publishing Trends
The religion publishing category is as strong as ever, interviews with several with literary agents found.
- Run Rabbit Run
In the summer of 2016, I began working with an agent at Writers House.
- A Fictional True Story: PW Talks with Kent Carroll
I originally proposed a biography to an agent, Andrew Wylie, who was very enthusiastic about the idea.
- No Greater Threat: PW Talks with Lawrence Wright
The appeal of such agents for terrorists is well known but not yet exploited.
- Bill Buford Could Stand the Heat, So He's Back In the Kitchen
“My agent doesn’t like it.
- Francesca Marciano's Italy Is a Wild Kingdom
., Marciano’s new U.S. agent, couldn’t agree more.
- HBG Staffers Stage Walkout Over Woody Allen Memoir
While the agent John Burnham has long represented Allen for ICM Partners, Hachette declined to comment to PW on which agency, let alone agent, sold Sevier the manuscript.This story has been updated with further information.
- London Book Fair Canceled
Covid-19 has taken many of us into previously uncharted waters and we are grateful for the huge support and understanding the international publishing and book community has shown in this difficult and fast-moving situation.”The decision to cancel the fair will be well received by American publishers and partic
- London Book Fair Will Still Go Ahead
Many members of the global publishing community, from publishers to literary agents, have been waiting for a decision from the fair before finalizing their own travel arrangements.
- The End of Fante Bukowski: PW talks with Noah Van Sciver
That agent reflected how I felt people were dismissing me in my twenties.
- Evanovich Moves to S&S in 'Blockbuster' Deal
For its part, Atria called the four-book agreement a "blockbuster" one, but gave no further indication about the money involved.Evanovich, who is arguably still among a coveted tier of bestselling fiction writers in the world, inked a world rights agreement with Atria that was negotiated by he
- Road-Tripping with Héctor Tobar Through His New Novel
And so becoming a writer was a way to show the world how special I am.”Jay Mandel, Tobar’s agent at William Morris Endeavor, calls him “a Swiss Army knife of a writer.”
- London Briefcase 2020: What U.S. Agencies Will Be Selling at the London Book Fair
Aevitas Creative ManagementBend You to Remain by Tsering Lama U.S. publisher: Bloomsbury, fall 2021A debut novel from the storytelling advisor for Greenpeace International tells the 60-year tale of a Tibetan family’s journey through exile, from Nepal to North America, following three women and a fatherless
- London Book Fair 2020: London Calling
And read on for PW’s annual roundup of some of the big properties U.S. agents will be selling at the fair.Below, more on the London Book FairLondon Briefcase 2020: What U.S.