- Trump Family Sues to Block Publication of Tell-All Memoir
Documents appended to the filing include the text of the broad confidentiality clause at issue, which bars the parties and their agents, including Mary L.
- Licensing Hotline: June 2020
“You feel like you’re part of the gang and an agent of the great outdoors.”
- Fall 2020 Announcements: SF, Fantasy & Horror
Witches, superheroes, and spacefaring adventurers feature heavily in this fall’s offerings, headlined by splashy debuts and long-awaited titles from heavy hitters.Top 10Black SunRebecca Roanhorse.
- Fall 2020 Announcements: History
CrownAgent Sonya: Moscow’s Most Daring Wartime Spy by Ben Macintyre (Sept. 15, $28, ISBN 978-0-593-13630-0) recounts the WWII espionage career of Soviet intelligence agent Ursula Burton, who gathered atomic secrets and ran a network of spies from her cottage in the Cotswolds.
- Jeff Hobbs Brings You Back to School
“This is a book that crosses over cultures, class, and race, and that’s at the heart of what Jeff Hobbs is looking to bring to the world,” says Hobbs’s agent, David Black at the David Black Literary Agency.Colin Harrison, Hobbs’s editor and the v-p and editor-in-chief of Scr
- Book Deals: Week of June 22, 2020
The thriller, acquired from Inkwell Management’s Richard Pine and Eliza Rothstein, follows two female CIA agents who, Kim explained, “become intertwined around a threat to the Russia Division—one that’s coming from inside the agency.”
- When Book Collaborations Go Bad
The editor sent our agent the bill requesting that Cindy reimburse the publisher.
- Fall 2020 Announcements: Romance & Erotica
Wright’s second contemporary to feature the Hollywood fixers of the Pure Talent Agency follows agent Skye Palmer as she tries to control the narrative around a client’s divorce.
- Fall 2020 Announcements: Mysteries & Thrillers
FBI agent Corrie Swanson takes on a case involving a mummified corpse discovered in a New Mexico ghost town.
- Obituary: U.K. Literary Felicity Bryan
Felicity Bryan, one of Britain’s most respected literary agents, died June 21 after a long struggle with cancer.
- The On-Sale Calendar: September 2020
SEPTEMBER September 1 Chaos by Iris Johansen (Grand Central Publishing, $28; ISBN 978-1-5387-1313-6). 125,000 copies.
- Have Race Issues in Publishing Reached a Tipping Point?
My agent and I fought and fought before we wrestled our way to that number.”In creating #PublishingPaidMe, McKinney tweeted, “When books by white authors don’t perform, they’re likely to get another chance and another 100k advance.
- Sigrid Nunez Returns After Her NBA Win
My current agent had vanished while that book was in production!
- Fall 2020 Announcements: Audio
., $35 CD, ISBN 978-1-5491-4145-4), introduces Alisa Flynn, a CIA agent who may be willing to go rogue to catch the most heartless criminals she’s ever encountered.
- Book Deals: Week of June 15, 2020
The agent added that the book was “pitched as Dear White People meets the college admissions scandal.”