- Book Deals: Week of March 9, 2020
David Highfill at Morrow won the books at auction from Grainne Fox at Fletcher & Company (who brokered the deal on behalf of U.K. agent Charlie Campbell at Kingsford Campbell).
- Bill Buford Could Stand the Heat, So He's Back In the Kitchen
“My agent doesn’t like it.
- A Fictional True Story: PW Talks with Kent Carroll
I originally proposed a biography to an agent, Andrew Wylie, who was very enthusiastic about the idea.
- Agents Highlight Leading Christian Publishing Trends
The religion publishing category is as strong as ever, interviews with several with literary agents found.
- No Greater Threat: PW Talks with Lawrence Wright
The appeal of such agents for terrorists is well known but not yet exploited.
- HBG Staffers Stage Walkout Over Woody Allen Memoir
While the agent John Burnham has long represented Allen for ICM Partners, Hachette declined to comment to PW on which agency, let alone agent, sold Sevier the manuscript.This story has been updated with further information.
- London Book Fair Canceled
Covid-19 has taken many of us into previously uncharted waters and we are grateful for the huge support and understanding the international publishing and book community has shown in this difficult and fast-moving situation.”The decision to cancel the fair will be well received by American publishers and partic
- London Book Fair Will Still Go Ahead
Many members of the global publishing community, from publishers to literary agents, have been waiting for a decision from the fair before finalizing their own travel arrangements.
- The End of Fante Bukowski: PW talks with Noah Van Sciver
That agent reflected how I felt people were dismissing me in my twenties.
- Evanovich Moves to S&S in 'Blockbuster' Deal
For its part, Atria called the four-book agreement a "blockbuster" one, but gave no further indication about the money involved.Evanovich, who is arguably still among a coveted tier of bestselling fiction writers in the world, inked a world rights agreement with Atria that was negotiated by he
- London Book Fair 2020: London Calling
And read on for PW’s annual roundup of some of the big properties U.S. agents will be selling at the fair.Below, more on the London Book FairLondon Briefcase 2020: What U.S.
- Book Deals: Week of March 2, 2020
Roanhorse’s literary agent, Sara Megibow at KT Literary, said the story “follows a Native man working for a virtual reality company that offers ‘authentic’ Indian experiences to dark ends.”The Residence by Andrew Pyper (Skybound, Sept.) has been optioned for series development by Skybound Entertainment
- Paris and Leipzig Book Fairs Cancelled, Brussels to Go Ahead
The event is also holding its first agents' center, with a focus on European publishers and agents.The impact of the coronavirus on the Foire du Livre, as well as the upcoming London Book Fair, remains to be seen.
- London Briefcase 2020: What U.S. Agencies Will Be Selling at the London Book Fair
Aevitas Creative ManagementBend You to Remain by Tsering Lama U.S. publisher: Bloomsbury, fall 2021A debut novel from the storytelling advisor for Greenpeace International tells the 60-year tale of a Tibetan family’s journey through exile, from Nepal to North America, following three women and a fatherless
- What the New Coronavirus Means for Publishing
She added that her company is making arrangements for teleconferencing, should remote meetings become necessary: “There were already quite a few publishers and agents from Asia who had decided not to attend.